Residential New Construction
We help you build the most energy-efficient, durable, and comfortable home that fits your budget.
Get access to one-on-one technical guidance and incentives, so you can build an energy-efficient home that costs less to operate. Efficiency Vermont certified homes feature advanced insulation and ventilation, high-performance windows, efficient heating and cooling systems, and ENERGY STAR® certified lighting and appliances. The result is better air quality, increased comfort, lower energy bills, and a home that yields a higher resale value.
- One-on-one support from start to finish, including help in complying with (and exceeding) Vermont’s energy code
- Savings on future energy bills and access to incentives of up to $2,000
- Third party verification: a certified home includes performance testing to verify air infiltration and ventilation
How to Get Started
For the biggest impact, enroll early and involve us at the design stage. An energy consultant will work with you from start to finish—guiding you to the appropriate technologies, incentives, and certification. When you enroll, you will also have the option to receive a certificate and Home Energy Rating System (HERS) index score after your home passes performance testing.
- Certificate verifies that your home’s performance exceeds Vermont’s energy code
- Incentives are determined by certification achieved: base level or high performance
- HERS Index score: nationally recognized rating for home energy efficiency—provided to enrollees opting for a full home energy rating
- For single-family homes (stick-built and modular) located in Vermont
- Site visit must take place prior to drywall installation
- Major gut rehabs may also be eligible
View our specifications and incentives.