COVID-19 Update: Read messageHide message »
To protect the health of our staff and our customers, Efficiency Vermont offices are closed to the public. In the meantime, our customer support team is available to help you remotely. Contact us at (888) 921-5990 or email@example.com.
We have cautiously begun scheduling project related site visits when required. You can find more information on our safety protocols here.
Financing for Homeowners
Find low-interest loans to help you make energy improvements that boost your comfort and lower your bills.
Energy efficiency is the only home investment that pays off now, and for years to come, through lower energy bills. Financing these improvements is easier than ever thanks to low-interest loans offered through many financial institutions, and in partnership with Efficiency Vermont. Work with us to find a loan that makes sense for you, including home equity loans, standard mortgages, and income-based Home Energy Loans.
- Many income-based loan options: as low as 0% interest, up to 100% financing
- Monthly energy savings can equal or exceed your monthly loan payment
- Part of your energy savings is counted as income in the underwriting process
Efficiency upgrades will lower your energy bills now, which helps offset your monthly loan payment. If your energy savings are substantial, you may even see a decrease in your monthly expenses. Once your loan is paid, you’ll continue to enjoy energy savings, lower bills, and a more comfortable home.
The NeighborWorks of Western Vermont Energy Loan
A loan offered by NeighborWorks of Western Vermont is available statewide. Loan funds may be used to finance energy efficiency improvements and necessary health and safety improvements. Qualifying improvements include cold climate heat pump heating and cooling systems, efficient hot water heaters, air sealing, insulation, renewables, and more. Visit the Neighborworks of Western Vermont website for more information.
- Low interest loans of up to $40K and 100% financing of the project cost
- Processed in two business days or less
- Low closing costs are financed into the loan; payback period of up to 15 years
- No prepayment penalty
- Green Mountain Power customers can repay their NeighborWorks of Western Vermont Energy Loan on their electric bill.