Financing for Homeowners
Find low-interest loans to help you make energy improvements that boost your comfort and lower your bills.
Energy efficiency is the only home investment that pays off now, and for years to come, through lower energy bills. Financing these improvements is easier than ever thanks to low-interest loans offered through many financial institutions, and in partnership with Efficiency Vermont. Work with us to find a loan that makes sense for you, including home equity loans, standard mortgages, and income-based Heat Saver Loans and PACE (Property Assessed Clean Energy) financing.
- Many income-based loan options: as low as .99% interest, up to 100% financing
- Monthly energy savings can equal or exceed your monthly loan payment
- Part of your energy savings is counted as income in the underwriting process
More and more Vermonters are using low-interest loans to pay for the upfront cost of home efficiency improvements. Efficiency upgrades will lower your energy bills now, which helps offset your monthly loan payment. If your energy savings are substantial, you may even see a decrease in your monthly expenses. Once your loan is paid, you’ll continue to enjoy energy savings, lower bills, and a more comfortable home.
- Increase comfort now, and save money over time
- Be protected from rising fuel prices
- Continue to save after you’ve paid off your loan
The NeighborWorks of Western Vermont Energy Loan
A loan offered by NeighborWorks of Western Vermont is available statewide. Loan funds may be used to finance energy efficiency improvements and necessary health and safety improvements. Qualifying improvements include cold climate heat pump heating and cooling systems, efficient hot water heaters, air sealing, insulation, renewables, and more. Visit the Neighborworks of Western Vermont website for more information.
- Low interest loans of up to $40K and 100% financing of the project cost
- Processed in two business days or less
- Low closing costs are financed into the loan; payback period of up to 15 years
- No prepayment penalty
- Green Mountain Power customers can repay their NeighborWorks of Western Vermont Energy Loan on their electric bill.
Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE)
Due to the favorable loan terms and flexibility the Heat Saver Loan offers, we are no longer accepting PACE financing applications. Existing PACE loans will continue to be serviced through Opportunities Credit Union. If you have additional questions, please contact us.