Financing for Homeowners
Find low-interest loans to help you make energy improvements that boost your comfort and lower your bills.
Energy efficiency, unlike other home improvements, is an investment that pays off right away and for years to come through lower energy bills. Paying for those improvements is now a lot easier thanks to low-interest loans—offered through many financial institutions, and in partnership with Efficiency Vermont. Work with us to find a loan that makes sense for you, including home equity loans and standard mortgages, as well as specialized loans such as the Heat Saver Loan and PACE (Property Assessed Clean Energy) financing.
- Many loan options, some with interest as low as 0.99% and financing of up to 100%
- Monthly energy savings can equal or exceed your monthly loan payment
- Part of your energy savings is counted as income in the underwriting process
The NeighborWorks of Western Vermont Energy Loan
A loan offered by NeighborWorks of Western Vermont is available statewide. Loan funds may be used to finance energy efficiency improvements and necessary health and safety improvements. Qualifying improvements include cold climate heat pump heating and cooling systems, efficient hot water heaters, air sealing, insulation, renewables, and more. Visit the Neighborworks of Western Vermont website for more information.
- Low interest loans of up to $40K and 100% financing of the project cost
- Processed in two business days or less
- Low closing costs are financed into the loan; payback period of up to 15 years
- No prepayment penalty
- Green Mountain Power customers can repay their NeighborWorks of Western Vermont Energy Loan on their electric bill.
Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) financing is a unique way to finance energy efficiency improvements because it ties the loan to the property, not to the property owner.
At this time, new PACE applications are not being accepted. If you would like more information about PACE, please contact us.