The Weatherization Repayment Assistance Program (WRAP) puts weatherization within reach for Vermont households.
- No credit check required
- Reduces or eliminates upfront costs
- Pay for your weatherization project monthly on your utility bill
- Includes rebates from Efficiency Vermont and your utility
This pilot program is a financing option allowing renters or homeowners to pay for comprehensive weatherization projects through a monthly charge on their participating utility’s electric or natural gas bill with no credit check required, over a period of up to 15 years.
When paired with a weatherization project, you can also add heat pumps and advanced wood heating systems to your project. If your home is sold or changes ownership, the WRAP payments will stay with the home’s account.
How it works
Work with a WRAP-participating Efficiency Excellence Network (EEN) contractor to obtain a home energy audit. Once opportunities for energy savings are identified, your proposed project will be reviewed to determine eligibility and monthly payment amount. Should you move forward using WRAP to pay for your home energy improvements, a monthly WRAP payment will be included directly on your utility bill.
|Weatherization Project Cost||$11,500|
|Efficiency Vermont Incentives||-$5,000|
|Weatherization Project cost (after incentives)||$6,500|
|Monthly Payment||$45 ($540/year)|
|Term||180 months (15 years)|
|Monthly Energy Bill Savings||$75 ($900/year)|
Incentives and savings may vary. Subject to availability and eligibility. Monthly payment includes fees and 2% interest.
When installed by a participating EEN contractor, and meeting Efficiency Vermont program requirements, eligible projects can include:
- Weatherization improvements
- Weatherization + space heating
- Heat pumps
- Heat pump-related air exchange equipment and electrical panel upgrades
- Wood pellet boilers and furnaces
- Advanced cord wood and pellet stoves
- Weatherization + water heating
- Health and safety measures needed as part of the efficiency improvement
Qualifying homeowners and renters may be eligible for free weatherization services. Vermont’s Weatherization Agencies offer free energy audits, insulation, and air sealing to qualifying low-income Vermonters.
- 12 months of positive bill payment with one of the following participating utilities:
- Burlington Electric Department
- Green Mountain Power
- Ludlow Electric
- Vermont Electric Coop
- An energy audit performed by a qualifying EEN contractor, with a projected annual monetary savings outcome of at least 10%
- Meeting Efficiency Vermont program requirements for space heating/water heating, if applicable
Note: If a participant moves, the next occupant of the property will take over the payments
WRAP is a pilot program, funded by the State of Vermont and overseen by the Vermont Housing Finance Agency (VHFA).
Contact a WRAP-participating Efficiency Excellence Network (EEN) contractor to obtain an energy audit, scope of work, and price quote for a home weatherization project (and heating or water heating upgrade, if applicable).
If you are a VGS customer, get started by scheduling a home energy evaluation.
If you are a Burlington Electric Department customer (and not a VGS customer), contact BED.