Heat Pump Water Heaters
Water heating is one of the costliest sources of energy consumption for Vermont households, typically costing at least $400 annually.
Heat pump water heaters can cost half as much to operate as traditional electric resistance water heaters, and can save over $1,400 over the lifetime of the unit. Not only do they heat water, heat pump water heaters also air condition and dehumidify the space around them.
How to Redeem
Efficiency Vermont offers two ways to take advantage of our electric heat pump water heater offer:
- Find a retailer.
- Purchase and install new eligible product(s).
- Complete rebate application.
- Submit application with dated sales receipt.
- Receive $300-$600 rebate by mail.
- Find a participating HVAC distributor.
- Purchase eligible product(s).
- Provide participating distributor installation information, including installation address.
- Receive discount at the time of purchase.
Note: Post-purchase rebate is not valid if instant rebate has already been received on the purchase of a qualifying unit through a participating distributor
Effective Date: July 1, 2019
This offer is available through retailers or participating HVAC distributors. Model must be listed on qualified products list. Offer subject to change.
Moderate Income Bonus
Vermonters whose household income meets the guidelines below may qualify for a $200 bonus rebate. Download this PDF to learn more and apply.
|Number of People in Household||Household Income Limit: Chittenden, Franklin, Grand Isle counties||Household Income Limit: All other Vermont counties|
|Vermont Electric CO-OP||$150||Bill credit|
|Washington Electric CO-OP||$250||Post purchase incentive|
|Municipalities served by VPPSA||$300||Post purchase rebate|
- Unit must be listed on the Efficiency Vermont qualified products list at the time of purchase.
- Rebate offer is available to electric utility customers in Vermont who do not currently have a natural gas water heater.
- Customer contribution of $50 to the pre-tax purchase price of each product is required; therefore, the rebate amount will be the lesser of (a) the applicable rebate listed or (b) the pre-tax purchase price minus $50.
Online Submission Bonus Details
- Online submission bonus available as of October 28, 2019
- Burlington Electric Department customers are not eligible for the $50 online submission bonus