Heat Pump Water Heaters
Water heating is one of the costliest sources of energy consumption for Vermont households, typically costing at least $400 annually.
Heat pump water heaters can cost half as much to operate as traditional electric resistance water heaters, and can save over $1,400 over the lifetime of the unit. Not only do they heat water, heat pump water heaters also air condition and dehumidify the space around them.
How to Redeem
Efficiency Vermont partners with Burlington Electric Department, Green Mountain Power, Stowe Electric, VPPSA, and Washington Electric CO-OP to provide two ways to get cash back on electric heat pump water heater purchases.
- Find a retailer.
- Purchase and install new eligible product(s).
- Complete rebate application.
- Submit application with dated sales receipt.
- Receive $300-$600 rebate check by mail, plus $200 moderate income bonus (see details below).
- Find a participating HVAC distributor.
- Purchase eligible product(s).
- Provide participating distributor installation information, including installation address.
- Receive $300-$600 discount at the time of purchase, plus $200 moderate income bonus via mail if eligible (see details below).
Note: Post-purchase rebate is not valid if instant rebate has already been received on the purchase of a qualifying unit through a participating distributor
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
This offer is available through retailers or participating HVAC distributors. Model must be listed on qualified products list. Offer subject to change.
Moderate Income Bonus
Vermonters whose household income meets the guidelines below may qualify for a $200 bonus rebate. Download this PDF to learn more and apply.
|Number of People in Household||Household Income Limit: Chittenden, Franklin, Grand Isle counties||Household Income Limit: All other Vermont counties|
|Green Mountain Power||$200||Post-purchase rebate|
|Vermont Electric CO-OP||$150||Bill credit|
|Municipalities served by VPPSA||$300||2019 Post-purchase rebate|
- Equipment must be new, installed in Vermont, and listed on the qualified products list at the time of purchase. Used, rebuilt, or refurbished equipment is not eligible.
- Customer contribution of $50 to the pre-tax purchase price of each product is required; therefore, the rebate amount will be the lesser of (a) the applicable rebate listed or (b) the pre-tax purchase price minus $50.