Heat Pump Water Heaters
Hire a contractor and get a $300-$600 discount from your utility or Efficiency Vermont, plus a $200 bonus for income-eligible Vermonters.
About this rebate
Offer available to:
- ✓ Residential Properties
- ✓ Businesses
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Offer subject to change.
Qualified Products List View list
- Must be new, installed in Vermont, and listed on the Qualifying Products List at the time of purchase. Used, rebuilt, or refurbished equipment is not eligible.
- Customer contribution of $50 to the pre-tax purchase price of each product is required.
- Post-purchase rebate is not valid if instant rebate has already been received on the purchase of a qualifying unit through a participating distributor.
Vermonters whose household income meets the guidelines below may qualify for a $200 bonus rebate. Apply online or download the form.
Income is defined as the total annual gross income of all family and non-family members 18+ years old living within the household. To calculate income, take the monthly amount from the last one-to-two paychecks for yourself and the people in your household (before taxes) and multiply by 12. Include all wages, including regular salaries and overtime. If you are self-employed, use the previous month of pretax income and multiply by 12.
All sources of income must be counted from all persons in the household based on anticipated income expected within the next 12 months. Possible types of income include but are not limited to: wages, salary, tips, bonuses or commissions payments, public assistance, social security/SSI, child support, regular gifts, unemployment, income earned on assets (savings, IRA, etc.) and some types of financial aid.
Instant Rebate (Contractor Install):
- Confirm eligibility
- Find a contractor
- Contractor receives instant discount on qualifying products at time of purchase at participating distributor
Post-Purchase Rebate (DIY):
- Confirm eligibility
- Find a retailer
- Purchase and install qualifying products
- Download rebate form or apply online
- Submit completed application with proof of purchase that includes purchase location