Heat Pump Water Heaters
Water heating is one of the costliest sources of energy consumption for Vermont households, typically costing at least $400 annually.
Heat pump water heaters can cost half as much to operate as traditional electric resistance water heaters, and can save over $1,400 over the lifetime of the unit. Not only do they heat water, heat pump water heaters also air condition and dehumidify the space around them.
How to Redeem
Efficiency Vermont offers two ways to take advantage of our Heat Pump Water Heater rebate offer:
- Find a retailer.
- Purchase qualifying ENERGY STAR® certified unit from 6/1/18 - 12/31/18.
- Find a participating HVAC distributor.
- Purchase qualifying ENERGY STAR® certified unit.
Note: Post-purchase rebate is not valid if instant rebate has already been received on the purchase of a qualifying unit through a participating distributor
- Unit must be listed on the Efficiency Vermont qualified products list at the time of purchase.
- Rebate offer is available to electric utility customers in Vermont who do not currently have a natural gas water heater.
- Limit one heat pump water heater rebate per Vermont residential electric account per year and two per commercial account per year.