Home Energy Loan
The Home Energy Loan is a fast, easy, and flexible way to finance home weatherization and heating improvements.
- 0% interest financing for low-moderate income Vermonters
- Finance 100% of your project, up to $40,000
- Can be processed in as little as two business days,
- Low-to-no closing costs (can be rolled into loan), loan terms of up to 15 years
- Refinance existing Efficiency Vermont residential loans at new lower interest rates (if applicable)
When installed by an Efficiency Excellence Network (EEN) contractor, eligible projects can include:
- Cold-climate heat pumps
- Central wood pellet heating systems
- Cord wood and pellet stoves
- Heat pump water heaters
- Solar hot water
- Weatherization improvements
- Health and safety measures and repairs needed for the efficiency improvement can constitute up to 50% of the total loan amount
Please note that direct-vent or wall-vented space heaters and do-it-yourself weatherization do not qualify for financing through this program.
Vermont Gas customers are only eligible for Home Energy Loans for ductless cold-climate heat pumps. Contact Vermont Gas or Efficiency Vermont to learn about other financing options.
|Household income*||Loan term: 5 years or less||Loan term: between 5 and 10 years||Loan term: between 10 and 15 years|
|Between $60,001 - $90,000||0%||3.99%||4.99%|
*Income guidelines apply.
How to apply
- Work with an Efficiency Excellence Network (EEN) contractor to obtain a scope of work and price quote on your home weatherization or heating improvement project.
- Complete the project verification form with your contractor.
- Send your project scope of work, price quote and project verification form to a participating lender (Opportunities Credit Union, Vermont State Employees Credit Union, or NeighborWorks of Western Vermont) to complete the financing process and receive payment. Contact Efficiency Vermont for information about participating lenders.
Contact us for more information.