Home Performance with ENERGY STAR®
Home Performance with ENERGY STAR is an incentive-based program to improve insulation and air sealing, plus heating and ventilation systems, to ensure safety and health.
Be more comfortable in your home and lower your energy bills in a safe, responsible way.
How to Redeem
- Hire a trained Home Performance with ENERGY STAR contractor.
- Work with your contractor to install qualified measures.
- Contractor reports completed work to Efficiency Vermont for review.
- Receive up to $2,000* in incentives.
*Vermont Gas Systems customers: call 802-863-4511 x321 to determine incentive eligibility.
DetailsA list of comprehensive qualifying criteria is available on the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Incentives Overview.
- Home Performance with ENERGY STAR is for single-family Vermont residences and rental properties with fewer than five units.
- Multifamily properties with five apartments or more may be eligible to participate in the Building Performance program.
- Weatherization assistance for Vermont residents who meet income eligibility guidelines is available through local weatherization organizations at no cost.
- Customers must work with a participating Home Performance with ENERGY STAR contractor.
- Customers considering financing projects through the Heat Saver Loan must work with an Efficiency Excellence Network contractor.
- Natural gas customers should contact Vermont Gas Systems at 802-863-4511 x321 to determine incentive eligibility.