Home Performance with ENERGY STAR
Be more comfortable in your home and lower your energy bills in a safe, responsible way.
Comprehensive Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® projects improve insulation and air sealing, plus ventilation systems, to ensure occupant safety, health, and comfort.
How to Redeem
- Hire an Efficiency Excellence Network contractor.
- Complete enrollment form.
- Work with your contractor to install qualified measures.
- Contractor reports completed work to Efficiency Vermont for review.
- Receive 50% of project cost back, up to $2,000. Income-eligible Vermonters are eligible for 50% of project costs, up to $4,000 back. See details below.
Moderate Income Bonus
Homeowners whose annual household income falls below the following levels qualify for up to an additional $2,000 back.
|Number of People in Household||Household Income Limit: Chittenden, Franklin, Grand Isle counties||Household Income Limit: All other Vermont counties|
Washington Electric CO-OP members are eligible to receive up to an additional $600.
- Home Performance with ENERGY STAR is for single-family Vermont residences and rental properties with fewer than five units.
- Eligible projects achieve minimum air leakage reduction of 10% (as measured by a pre- and post-blower door test), and installation of all recommended health and safety improvements.
- Work must be performed by a participating Efficiency Excellence Network contractor.
- Multifamily properties with five apartments or more may be eligible to participate in the Building Performance program.
- Weatherization assistance for Vermont residents who meet income eligibility guidelines is available through local weatherization organizations at no cost.
- Vermont Gas Systems customers: call (802) 863-4511 x321 or visit www.vermontgas.com to determine eligibility.