About this rebate
Effective Date: January 1, 2021
Offer available while funding lasts.
- Offer is for existing single-family Vermont residences and rental properties with fewer than five units. (Multifamily properties with five units or more may be eligible for Building Performance.)
- Free services are available through local weatherization organizations to low-income Vermont residents who meet income eligibility guidelines.
- A participating Efficiency Excellence Network contractor must oversee the work.
- Eligible projects achieve minimum air leakage reduction of 10% (as measured by a pre- and post-blower door test), and installation of all recommended health and safety improvements.
- Vermont Gas Systems customers: call (802) 863-4511 x321 or visit www.vermontgas.com to determine eligibility.
- Receive 50% of project costs back, up to $1,000.
- Vermonters whose annual household income falls at or below the following levels are eligible for 50% of project costs back, up to $3,000.
Income is defined as the total annual gross income of all family and non-family members 18+ years old living within the household. To calculate income, take the monthly amount from the last one-to-two paychecks for yourself and the people in your household (before taxes) and multiply by 12. Include all wages, including regular salaries and overtime. If you are self-employed, use the previous month of pretax income and multiply by 12.
All sources of income must be counted from all persons in the household based on anticipated income expected within the next 12 months. Possible types of income include but are not limited to: wages, salary, tips, bonuses or commissions payments, public assistance, social security/SSI, child support, regular gifts, unemployment, income earned on assets (savings, IRA, etc.) and some types of financial aid.
- Hire an Efficiency Excellence Network contractor.
- Work with your contractor to complete the project.
- Contractor reports completed work to Efficiency Vermont for review.
- Receive 50% of project cost back, up to $1,000. Income-eligible Vermonters are eligible for up to $3,000 back.