Home Performance with ENERGY STAR
Be more comfortable in your home and lower your energy bills in a safe, responsible way.
Comprehensive Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® projects improve insulation and air sealing, plus ventilation systems, to ensure occupant safety, health, and comfort.
How to Redeem
- Hire an Efficiency Excellence Network contractor.
- Complete enrollment form.
- Work with your contractor to install qualified measures.
- Contractor reports completed work to Efficiency Vermont for review.
- Receive 50% of project cost back, up to $2,000. Income-eligible Vermonters are eligible for 50% of project costs, up to $4,000 back. See details below.
Effective Date: July 15, 2019
Projects must be completed by an Efficiency Excellence Network contractor. Offer subject to change.
Moderate Income Bonus
Homeowners whose annual household income falls below the following levels qualify for up to an additional $2,000 back.
|Number of People in Household||Household Income Limit: Chittenden, Franklin, Grand Isle counties||Household Income Limit: All other Vermont counties|
Washington Electric CO-OP members are eligible to receive up to an additional $600.
- Home Performance with ENERGY STAR is for single-family Vermont residences and rental properties with fewer than five units.
- Eligible projects achieve minimum air leakage reduction of 10% (as measured by a pre- and post-blower door test), and installation of all recommended health and safety improvements.
- A participating Efficiency Excellence Network contractor must oversee the work.
- Multifamily properties with five apartments or more may be eligible to participate in the Building Performance program.
- Weatherization assistance for Vermont residents who meet income eligibility guidelines is available through local weatherization organizations at no cost.
- Vermont Gas Systems customers: call (802) 863-4511 x321 or visit www.vermontgas.com to determine eligibility.