Almost half of monthly energy costs are controlled by your thermostat.
The smart thermostats that qualify for rebates allow you to create automatic and programmable temperature setbacks to reduce energy use based on daily schedules, weather conditions, and heating and cooling needs.
How to Redeem
- Find a retailer.
- Purchase qualifying model.
- Fill out rebate form.
- Install your smart thermostat and register it with the manufacturer.
- Submit rebate form with dated sales receipt and a copy of a recent electric bill. To expedite your rebate, include a copy of your registration confirmation.
- Model must be listed on the Efficiency Vermont qualified products list at the time of purchase.
- Limit two thermostats per Vermont residential electric account.
- Rebate is for residential Vermont electric utility customers.
- After new smart thermostat is installed and connected to wi-fi, it must be registered as a connected device with the manufacturer to be eligible for a rebate.
- Requires minimum customer contribution of $50. If purchase price is under $200, the rebate amount will be prorated.
- Rebate is not valid if wholesale discount has already been received on the purchase of the unit.