For Residential & Business
ENERGY STAR® certified smart thermostats allow you to create automatic and programmable temperature setbacks to reduce energy use based on daily schedules, weather conditions, and heating and cooling needs.
January 1, 2019
Model must be listed on qualified products list. Rebate offer and amount subject to change.
How to Redeem
- Find a retailer.
- Purchase and install new eligible product(s).
- Complete rebate form.
- Install your smart thermostat and register it with the manufacturer.
- Submit rebate form with dated sales receipt.
DetailsRecycle old mercury thermostats and receive a $5 coupon or store credit. Go to thermostat-recycle.org for details.
- Thermostat(s) must be listed on the Efficiency Vermont qualified products list at the time of purchase.
- Thermostat(s) must be new (not used/refurbished)
- Lifetime limit of two smart thermostat rebates per Vermont residence and six per Vermont business location.
- After new smart thermostat is installed and connected to wi-fi, it must be registered as a connected device with the manufacturer to be eligible for a rebate.
- A customer contribution of $50 to the pre-tax purchase price of each product is required; therefore, the rebate amount will be the lesser of (a) the applicable rebate listed or (b) the pre-tax purchase price minus $50.
- Rebate is not valid if wholesale discount has already been received on the purchase of the unit.