Almost half of monthly energy costs are controlled by your thermostat.
ENERGY STAR® certified smart thermostats allow you to create automatic and programmable temperature setbacks to reduce energy use based on daily schedules, weather conditions, and heating and cooling needs.
How to Redeem
- Find a retailer.
- Purchase qualifying model.
- Fill out rebate form.
- Install your smart thermostat and register it with the manufacturer.
- Submit rebate form with dated sales receipt and a copy of your registration confirmation. If you do not receive an email from the manufacturer confirming your registration, please submit a screenshot of the app showing your thermostat serial number(s).
- Thermostat(s) must be listed on the Efficiency Vermont qualified products list at the time of purchase.
- Thermostat(s) must be new (not used/refurbished)
- Rebate is for residential Vermont electric utility customers.
- Limit two thermostats per Vermont residential electric account.
- After new smart thermostat is installed and connected to wi-fi, it must be registered as a connected device with the manufacturer to be eligible for a rebate.
- Requires minimum customer contribution of $50. If purchase price is under $150, the rebate amount will be prorated.
- Rebate is not valid if wholesale discount has already been received on the purchase of the unit.