Building Performance is an incentive-based program to improve insulation and air sealing, plus heating and ventilation systems, to ensure safety and health.
Lower your energy bills and create a more comfortable environment in a safe, responsible way.
How to Redeem
- Hire a trained Building Performance contractor.
- Work with your contractor to install qualified measures.
- Contractor reports completed work to Efficiency Vermont for review.
- Receive up to $5,000 in incentives.
DetailsA list of comprehensive qualifying criteria is available on the Building Performance Incentives Overview.
- Work must be completed by a participating Building Performance contractor.
- Generally, a building that was built as a house, but is now used for commercial or mixed use is eligible. Non-house type structures may also be eligible.
- Eligible rental / multifamily building types are:
- Five apartments or more.
- Mixed use (combination of commercial use and any number of apartments).
- Three stories or less.
- Less than 10,000 sq. ft.
- Eligible rental / multifamily building use include:
- Residential multifamily apartments.
- Bed and breakfasts.
- Common spaces associated with multifamily buildings, including community rooms, central hallways and stairs, laundry rooms, mail rooms, etc.
- Mixed use (combination of eligible commercial and residential uses)
NOTE: Many small business building types that are not eligible for Building Performance incentives (any building containing large process equipment including refrigeration or ventilation) may be eligible for other energy-saving offers. Contact Efficiency Vermont at (888) 921-5990 for information.