COVID-19 Update: Read messageHide message »
To protect the health of our staff and our customers, Efficiency Vermont offices are closed to the public. In the meantime, our customer support team is available to help you remotely. Contact us at (888) 921-5990 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have cautiously begun scheduling project related site visits when required. You can find more information on our safety protocols here.
BBD Continuing Education Credits
Attend the workshops to earn continuing educations credits from the following organizations:
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)*
- American Society of Heating, Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
- Association of Energy Engineers (AEE)
- Association of Facilities Engineering (AFE)
- Building Performance Institute (BPI)
- Construction Specifications Institute (CSI)
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)
- Passive House Institute US (PHIUS)
- Passivhaus Institut (PHI)
AIA and BPI CEUs are dependent upon pre-approval by the certifying organization; approval is granted by session. PHI, PHIUS and EEN CEUs are also dependent upon pre-approval by the certifying organization, but are approved per-day, not by session. Credit approval is posted on the Conference Schedule. If you have specific questions or require a certificate of attendance post-conference, please contact Allison Fode at email@example.com or 888-921-5990 Extension 7859.
For information about obtaining continuing education credits through organizations not listed above, please inquire at the registration table at the conference. Certificates of attendance will be available upon request.
*AIA credits qualify as PDHs for NY/NH Professional Engineers (discipline specific).
How to Earn Continuing Education Credits at BBD
Full conference registrants are eligible to earn CEUs for all live sessions they attend on all 3 days of the conference, plus 9 of the sessions being recorded and made available post-conference. Check the Conference Schedule to see which ones!
1-day only conference registrants are only eligible to earn CEUs for the live sessions they attend on the day they’ve paid to participate in the event.
FOR ALL ACCREDITING ORGANIZATIONS: By attending sessions through the virtual conference platform, your participation is automatically tracked.
All sessions are being recorded and will be available for viewing post-conference. Once available, they'll be posted on each session's details page in place of where the Zoom presentation was embedded during the live session.
FOR AIA AND BPI:
- Viewing Sessions in Real Time: By joining a session in real-time, you are eligible for CEUs. We'll track your participation, and as long as we have your member ID#, your participation will be reported to AIA and/or BPI.
- Viewing Recordings of Sessions Post-Conference: To earn credit for watching a recorded session after it has been offered live, AIA and BPI require that you complete practice and final quizzes provided by the presenters before we can verify your participation in the session. These quizzes are short and multiple-choice, but you must pass the final quiz to earn AIA and BPI CEUs. Nine of the sessions will be eligible for CEUs post-conference. On the Conference Schedule page, look for a tag that says "Eligible for CEUs post-conference." The number of credits you can earn for AIA and BPI for these sessions post-conference is the same as what you're able to earn for participating live. For example, the session "The Future Is Now: Smart Homes and Energy Efficiency" is eligible for 1.5 AIA LU and 1.5 BPI credits for live participation or for watching the recording and then completing and passing the practice and final quizzes post-conference.
CEUs are only eligible to be earned until March 31, 2021.