Better Buildings by Design
Efficiency Vermont's 2021 Better Buildings by Design Conference is currently planned for February 3 & 4, 2021 at the Double Tree by Hilton Burlington Hotel in South Burlington, Vermont.
Better Buildings by Design is the region’s premier design and construction conference, which features interactive learning about building durability, efficiency, and value for both residential and commercial projects. This annual not-for-profit conference sponsored by Efficiency Vermont brings together top talent in building technology and design from across the country, and helps keep Vermont-area professionals at the forefront of their fields. Review the schedule »
Better Buildings by Design 2021 Call for Presentation Proposals
Conference Theme: Resilient Energy
As Vermont, the nation, and the world tackle the unprecedented challenges associated with COVID-19, it has underlined the critical importance of a resilient, low-cost, and low-carbon energy system. Efficiency Vermont invites you to share your work in addressing ‘Resilient Energy.’ How do you view the role of energy efficiency and renewable energy in creating a more resilient, durable, and robust energy system in Vermont? How have you helped your clients lower their energy costs and become more resilient?
Join us and share your knowledge with attendees of Better Buildings by Design, the largest building conference in New England.
Our attendees are interested in presentations that:
- Share experiences from those working in the field. How do you overcome the challenges of implementation?
- Provide proven marketing strategies for energy efficiency.
- Showcase commercial projects and techniques. (Residential projects are still welcome and encouraged!)
- Highlight projects creating affordable housing for middle and low-income Vermonters, and renovations of current housing stock including weatherization.
- Lower-cost ventilation strategies for multi-family buildings
- HVAC innovation
- Environmentally friendly materials, indoor environmental quality and healthy buildings
- Smart buildings and grid interaction
- Effective financing
- Refrigeration management best practices
NEW for this year, we are accepting non-promotional product trainings from manufacturers that focus on energy efficient equipment supported by Efficiency Vermont.
- Due to COVID-19, we want to be proactive and recognize there is a possibility that we may not be able to gather in person. With this in mind, we want to let you know that BBD will happen either in person or on a virtual platform. Session proposals that will work well both in-person and virtually are highly encouraged.
- All members of panel sessions must be assembled and engaged in participation. Panels should not be created after a session is accepted.
- Please do not submit a session for the purpose of a placeholder to present a project that will complete between now and the conference. Only complete and ready-to-present topics will be considered for acceptance in the program.
- All submitters will be notified of their acceptance in late August/early September.
- If you need to withdraw your submission, please contact Amanda Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submitting a Proposal: Presentation proposals will be accepted online only. The deadline to submit a proposal is Saturday, June 20, 2020, at 11:59 PM, EST. Please be aware that the online form will close at that time and lock submitters out of the system. Please plan to finish the submission process prior to that time. Only complete submissions will be considered.
To begin the submission process, login below. You can start the submission process and come back to a proposal later to complete. Your information will be saved. Click "Join Now" to get started.
Stay in Touch
Follow Better Buildings by Design 2020 on Twitter #BBD20
Hear From the Experts
Find out what works, what doesn’t, and what you can put into practice immediately through the research and experience of nationally recognized leaders in the field.
Strengthen Your Competitive Edge
Learn the latest techniques and technologies for superior building performance, energy efficiency, and indoor air quality.
Make Key Contacts
Network with the region’s top design and construction professionals who share your commitment to quality construction, energy efficiency, aesthetic integrity, occupant health and comfort, and environmental stewardship.
Exhibit Hall Trade Show
See the latest innovations in energy-efficient products and services for the design and construction industry. Speak with service providers and manufacturers’ representatives about cutting-edge techniques, materials, equipment, and systems for superior building performance, energy efficiency, and indoor air quality. Over 60 exhibitors and sponsors will be on display!
Best of the Best
Winners of Efficiency Vermont’s Best of the Best Awards are honored during the Opening Reception. Throughout the conference, browse among inspiring plans, drawings, and photos of the award-winning homes and buildings from this year’s design competition.
Check out the BBD 2020 Archives
If you were not able to attend the 2020 Better Buildings by Design Conference, or simply want to relive the glory of it all, see the BBD 2020 archives to download available presentations.