Reducing Energy Costs
Lower your monthly energy bills with energy efficient products, appliances and services designed specifically for income-qualified renters and homeowners.
Renters, homeowners and property owners can reduce energy bills by taking advantage of a range of free and reduced cost services, based on income.
- Low-to-no-cost products and appliances for renters, property owners, and homeowners
- Free or reduced-cost weatherization services that can be paired with electrical efficiency services
- Low- and no-cost energy-saving tips
Energy-Saving Products and Services
Whether you rent or own your home, if a significant portion of your household income goes toward electric bills each month, you may qualify for free or reduced-cost products and services to help lower your bills. Service may include:
- Free or low-cost energy efficient household products and appliances
- A home visit with an energy professional to help you identify available energy-savings opportunities
- Replacement of eligible household products that may be impacting your electric bill
|Household Income Limit:|
|Number of People in Household||Vermont (applies to all counties not listed)||Chittenden, Franklin & Grand Isle||Addison|
* Household income will be confirmed during your conversation with our Customer Support team.
Energy Tips for Renters
Income-qualified renters can request free energy-saving products and appliances to reduce their monthly bills and carbon footprint. If your household income exceeds the limit, talk to your property owner. See if they’re willing to contact us, and we can help determine if the rental qualifies for free or discounted weatherization services and products. Energy efficiency upgrades often lower costs for both renters and owners, saving money and reducing maintenance issues for everyone involved.