Energy Bill Reduction
Lower your monthly energy bills with efficient products, appliances and services designed specifically for limited-income Vermonters.
Efficiency Vermont assists renters, homeowners and landlords in lowering energy bills by supplying a range of free and reduced cost services, based on income.
- Low-to-no-cost products and appliances, based on income and energy usage
- Limited-income Vermonters get access to the State's Weatherization Agencies for free or reduced-cost weatherization services. These services can be paired with our electrical efficiency services.
- Low- and no-cost energy-saving tips
Energy-Saving Products and Services
The proportion of your household income that goes toward electric bills each month may make you eligible to receive free and reduced-cost products and services to help lower your bills. Contact us to confirm your eligibility. Service may include:
- Free or low-cost energy efficient household products and appliances
- A home visit with an energy professional to help you identify available energy-savings opportunities
- Replacement of eligible household products that may be impacting your electric bill
|Household Income Limit:|
|Number of People in Household||Vermont (applies to all counties not listed)||Chittenden, Franklin & Grand Isle||Addison|
* Household income will be confirmed during your conversation with our Customer Support team.
Energy Tips for Renters
If you’re a renter who exceeds the income limits for free products and appliances (listed at top of this page), talk to your landlord. See if they’re willing to contact us, and we can help determine if their property qualifies for free or discounted weatherization services and products. Energy efficiency upgrades often lower costs for both renters and landlords, so they can make good financial sense for everyone involved.