To help you save money and cut carbon, your electric utility provides the funding to make this rebate possible.
Ground Source Heat Pumps
Hire a participating contractor and get up to $2,100 cash back per ton on qualifying equipment, plus a $500 bonus for income-eligible Vermonters. If you receive electric service from Hyde Park Electric, you may not be eligible for the full incentive amount. See eligibility details below.
About this rebate
Offer available to:
- ✓ Residential Properties
- ✓ Businesses
Effective Date: July 1, 2021
Offer subject to change.
- Must be new (not replacing an existing geothermal system), installed in Vermont, and listed on the Qualifying Products List (or meet qualifying criteria below) at the time of purchase. Used, rebuilt, or refurbished equipment is not eligible.
- Rebates are for residential systems up to 10 tons and commercial systems up to 50 tons (larger projects may be eligible for custom incentives).
- Equipment must be ENERGY STAR® certified (water-to-air and water-to-water heat pumps) or have AHRI certified performance that meets or exceeds the values in the table below under full load conditions.
- Must be installed by an Efficiency Excellence Network contractor in the ground source heat pump group.
- If you receive electric service from Hyde Park Electric, you may not be eligible for the full incentive amount. To discuss your project and available incentives, call us at 888-921-5990.
|Water to Water||16.1||3.1|
|Water to Air||17.1||3.6|
|≤10 tons||$2,100 / ton|
|10 - 20 tons||$1,500 / ton|
|>20 - 50 tons||$1,000 / ton|
Rebate amount is determined by size of system in tons. Tons are calculated by dividing AHRI Full Load Heating Capacity (BTUs) by 12,000.
Vermonters whose household income meets the guidelines below may qualify for a $500 bonus rebate. Download the form to apply.
Income is defined as the total annual gross income of all family and non-family members 18+ years old living within the household. To calculate income, take the monthly amount from the last one-to-two paychecks for yourself and the people in your household (before taxes) and multiply by 12. Include all wages, including regular salaries and overtime. If you are self-employed, use the previous month of pretax income and multiply by 12.
All sources of income must be counted from all persons in the household based on anticipated income expected within the next 12 months. Possible types of income include but are not limited to: wages, salary, tips, bonuses or commissions payments, public assistance, social security/SSI, child support, regular gifts, unemployment, income earned on assets (savings, IRA, etc.) and some types of financial aid.
- Call (888) 921-5990 to find an Efficiency Excellence Network contractor.
- Purchase and install qualified equipment.
- Work with contractor to complete rebate form.
- Submit completed form with proof of purchase and GSHP start-up sheet (from your contractor).