Deep Energy Retrofit
Take a whole-building approach to cut energy use in half with customized incentives and project support.
A deep energy retrofit assesses and optimizes the entire building to reduce 50% or more of the building’s total usage. The Deep Retrofit program provides financial assistance and dedicated project planning and support to approved facilities.
How to Redeem
Businesses must undergo an application and pre-approval process to participate in the Deep Retrofit program. Please download the application to get started.
Effective Date: January 1, 2019
For buildings 5,000 square feet or greater. Must be pre-approved through Deep Retrofit application process. Offer subject to change.
Efficiency Vermont conducts an application and pre-approval process to enroll businesses in deep retrofit projects. Using real-time measurement to evaluate each participant's progress, we look at each facility, measuring all energy usage across fuel types. Participants are paired with a dedicated energy consultant and receive financial assistance of up to $160,000 per building. Selected participants can expect to:
- Partner with employees, contractors, design professionals, and their Efficiency Vermont energy consultant to make sure you have a clear and achievable path to 50% energy savings
- After completing a detailed plan, have up to one year to implement the work
- Once projects are complete, work with Efficiency Vermont to measure and verify energy savings
Eligible buildings must be:
- Located in Vermont, outside of Burlington, and not a Vermont Gas customer
- Commercial, industrial, or mixed use (commercial/multi-family) space that is greater than 5,000 square feet
- In use and occupied for at least one full year, with future use expected to remain the same (change of use retrofits are excluded)
- Pre-approved through the Deep Retrofit application process