About this rebate
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Offer subject to change.
Qualified Products List View list
- Must be new, installed in Vermont, and listed on the Qualifying Products List at the time of purchase. Used, rebuilt, or refurbished equipment is not eligible.
- Building must have a water-based distribution system, ideally radiant heating (generally connected to a boiler).
- Must be installed by an Efficiency Excellence Network contractor.
- $1000/ton rebate (maximum of 6 tons)
- $500 income bonus rebate
Income is defined as the total annual gross income of all family and non-family members 18+ years old living within the household. To calculate income, take the monthly amount from the last one-to-two paychecks for yourself and the people in your household (before taxes) and multiply by 12. Include all wages, including regular salaries and overtime. If you are self-employed, use the previous month of pretax income and multiply by 12.
All sources of income must be counted from all persons in the household based on anticipated income expected within the next 12 months. Possible types of income include but are not limited to: wages, salary, tips, bonuses or commissions payments, public assistance, social security/SSI, child support, regular gifts, unemployment, income earned on assets (savings, IRA, etc.) and some types of financial aid.
- Hire an Efficiency Excellence Network contractor
- Work with contractor to install qualified equipment
- Download rebate form or apply online
- Submit completed application with proof of purchase
- Receive $1000/ton rebate (maximum 6 tons)
- Installation of air-to-water heat pumps can be complex and should be performed by a licensed contractor who is familiar with HVAC controls. • Generally, fossil fuel heating system must be maintained as a backup heat source. • Existing boiler may need to be upgraded to be compatible with heat pump.