Air-to-Water Heat Pumps
Hydronic or water-based heat distribution systems can integrate with air-to-water heat pumps, which heat water that’s circulated around the building through pipes and emitters. These systems can also chill water for air conditioning and have the potential to heat domestic hot water as well.
How to Redeem
- Research qualifying equipment and review the Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning Rebate Form terms and conditions to confirm that you are eligible for an air-to-water heat pump rebate.
- Contact us at (888) 921-5990 for help finding an installer near you.
- Purchase and install qualifying equipment.
- Submit completed application and invoice(s).
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Offer subject to change.
- $1000/ton rebate - maximum of 5 tons
- $500 moderate income bonus (see details below)
- Installation of air-to-water heat pumps can be complex and should be performed by a licensed contractor who is familiar with HVAC controls.
- Generally, fossil fuel heating system must be maintained as a backup heat source.
- Existing boiler may need to be upgraded to be compatible with heat pump.
Moderate Income Bonus
Vermonters whose household income meets the guidelines below may qualify for a $500 bonus rebate. Download this PDF to learn more and apply.
|Number of People in Household||Household Income Limit: Chittenden, Franklin, Grand Isle counties||Household Income Limit: All other Vermont counties|
- Installed equipment must be listed on the qualified products list at the time of purchase.
- Building must have an existing water-based distribution system, ideally radiant heating (generally connected to a boiler).
- Equipment must be installed by an Efficiency Excellence Network contractor.
Online Submission Bonus Details
- Online submission bonus available as of October 28, 2019
- Burlington Electric Department customers are not eligible for the $50 online submission bonus