About this rebate
Offer available to:
- ✓ Rental Properties
Effective Date: September 5, 2023
Offer subject to change.
Qualified Products List View list
- $10,000 cap per unit for water heating, appliances, & ductless heat pumps.
- $10,000 cap per building for central heating systems.
- Offer cannot be combined with existing Rental Property Rebate program offers.
- Rebate must be submitted on or after the program/offer “effective date” of July 10, 2023, and within 365 days of the product purchase date if funds are available. In the event this rebate is discontinued or changed, submissions will be processed at the new rebate level as of the date of the change, or will not be accepted if the funds are exhausted.
- All equipment must be new, installed in Vermont, and listed on the Qualifying Products List (or meet Efficiency Vermont qualifying criteria) at the time of purchase. Used, rebuilt, or refurbished equipment is not eligible.
- For any single item, payment will not exceed the net price to the customer, including any benefits and payments received from insurance and any other donations, or grants and includes all other costs including shipping, sales tax, or disposal/recycling expenses (installation costs of HVAC and water heating equipment are eligible).
- Customer is responsible for any tax liability associated with rebate payment. Allow 60 calendar days for delivery of payment. Incomplete or missing information will delay processing.
Income Eligibility for Rental Properties
- Rental Property Owners are eligible to receive this benefit if the rent rate for a particular unit is at or below the below rent limit guidelines.
- By participating in this offer, the rental property owner agrees that for a reasonable period of time (3 years) after appliances and equipment installed in any dwelling unit under this program, tenants in that unit will not be subjected to rent increases unless those increases are demonstrably related to matters other than the improvement work performed and supported through this program.
Eligible rental units must meet the Maximum Gross Rent levels outlined in the table below.
|MAXIMUM ALLOWABLE RENT LEVEL PER RENTAL UNIT (INCLUDING UTILITIES)|
|Income level (% of median income)||Studio||1 BDRM||2 BDRM||3 BDRM||4 BDRM||5 BDRM|
|Chittenden, Franklin, Grand Isle||120%||$2,255||$2,417||$2,900||$3,350||$3,740||$4,427|
|All other VT counties||120%||$1,950||$2,087||$2,505||$2,895||$3,230||$3,562|
Steps to Getting Your Rebate
- Submit damages to your insurance company.
- Confirm eligibility and rebate amounts. Offer is for rental properties whose tenants whose household income falls at or below 120% of area median income.
- Purchase and install qualifying product(s).
- Complete and sign the application.
- Submit completed application form with W9 and invoice(s) including the purchase date, vendor, quantity, size, type manufacturer, and model or part number.
|Products & Eligibility Lists||Old Product Requirements||Incentive Amount|
|Large Appliances (ENERGY STAR®-rated refrigerators, freezers, in-unit clothes washers, and in-unit clothes dryers)||Old product doesn't function||Up to $1,000/unit (maximum 1 appliance type per unit)|
|Small Appliances (ENERGY STAR®-rated window air conditioners, dehumidifiers, and air purifiers)||Can be new and not replacements.||Up to $400/unit (maximum 2 appliance types)|
|Energy-efficient boilers and furnaces||Old product doesn't function.||Up to $10,000|
|Central Pellet Boiler or Furnaces (new)||Old product doesn't function.||$10,000 (flat rate)|
|Wood/Pellet Stoves (new & replacement)||Old product doesn’t function, or adding new supplemental heating||Up to $10,000|
|Ductless Heat Pumps||Old product doesn’t function, or adding new supplemental heating||Up to $10,000|
|Ducted Heat Pumps||Old product doesn't function.||Up to $10,000|
|Water Heaters||Old product doesn't function.||Up to $3,000|