Heat Saver Loan
The Heat Saver Loan is a fast, easy, and flexible way to finance home weatherization and heating improvements.
- Low interest loans of up to $35,000, with 100% financing available
- Can be processed in as little as two business days,
- Low-to-no closing costs (can be rolled into loan), loan terms of up to 15 years
When installed by an Efficiency Excellence Network (EEN) contractor, eligible projects can include:
- High efficiency oil or propane furnaces and boilers
- Cold-climate heat pumps
- Central wood pellet heating systems
- Heat pump water heaters
- Solar hot water
- Weatherization improvements undertaken through Home Performance with ENERGY STAR®
- Health and safety measures and repairs needed for the efficiency improvement can constitute up to 50% of the total loan amount
Please note that wood stoves, pellet stoves, and direct-vent or wall-vented space heaters do not qualify for financing through this program.
Vermont Gas customers are only eligible for Heat Saver Loans for cold-climate heat pumps and heat pump water heaters that replace non-natural gas water heating systems. Vermont Gas customers may contact Vermont Gas or Efficiency Vermont to learn about other financing options.
|Household income*||Loan term: 5 years or less||Loan term: between 5 and 15 years|
|Between $59,351 - $89,040||2.99%||3.99%|
*Income guidelines apply.
How to apply
- Work with an Efficiency Excellence Network (EEN) contractor to receive a scope of work and price quote on your home weatherization or heating improvement project.
- Complete the Heat Saver Loan project verification form with your contractor.
- Send your project scope of work, price quote and project verification form to a participating Lender, Opportunities Credit Union or Vermont State Employees Credit Union, to complete the financing process and receive payment. Contact Efficiency Vermont for information about participating lenders.
Contact us for more information.