COVID-19 Update: Read messageHide message »
To protect the health of our staff and our customers, Efficiency Vermont offices are closed to the public. In the meantime, our customer support team is available to help you remotely. Contact us at (888) 921-5990 or email@example.com.
We have cautiously begun scheduling project related site visits when required. You can find more information on our safety protocols here.
Home Energy Assessments
The first step in saving energy is understanding how much you use and which products or systems use the most.
An energy assessment helps you understand where your home is losing heat or wasting electricity, and how you can address it. You can do a basic assessment on your own with some help from us, or you can have a professional contractor do an assessment for you. We manage a network of qualified contractors who have knowledge of building science, and experience with a range of building types.
- Do an assessment on your own with technical support from us
- Get clear advice on the most cost-effective ways to lower your heating and electricity bills
- Access a trusted network of qualified, Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® contractors
for Home Energy Assessments
- Three easy steps to get started on your home weatherization project
- How to reduce your carbon footprint at home
- How to fix a wet, damp, or downright leaky basement
- How much electricity does your home use?
- Do you know how efficient your home is?
- How to weatherize your attic yourself (video)
- How to choose energy efficient lighting for your home (video)
- Should you switch to wood pellet heating?
- How to use energy efficient solutions to make a healthier home
- The case for air sealing
- Summer guide to energy savings & comfort
- Who knew? 8 ways NOT to use a heat pump
- Winter tips to stay warm and save energy