Workshops & Consumer Education
Learn about services, solutions and energy-efficient technologies that help you make informed decisions about the best ways to save.
We enjoy meeting fellow Vermonters face to face, talking about energy efficiency, and helping you to achieve your goals. You’ll find us speaking and exhibiting at a range of events across the state—from consumer expos to business trade shows and our own workshops and retail events. We also present to employees of Vermont-based companies, chambers of commerce, community organizations, and more.
- Put a face to a name: come meet us in person, ask us anything about energy
- Access unbiased, third-party advice on energy-efficient products and technologies
- Get to know others in your community who are interested in energy efficiency—and learn how to take action
We offer free workshops for community groups and businesses designed to help Vermonters make energy improvements. Each workshop addresses how a particular technology works, associated economics, and available technical and financial resources. We provide an energy expert to deliver the presentation, guidance on how to effectively organize a workshop, and educational and public outreach materials. Community groups and businesses take primary responsibility for getting the word out and securing the venue.
The following educational workshops are currently available:
- Button Up Vermont: how homes lose energy and primary opportunities for air sealing and insulation
- Cold Climate Heat Pumps: the latest in heat pump technology, the relative economics compared to other fuel sources, and successful case studies
- Do-it-Yourself Home Efficiency Improvements: Get some practical, hands-on guidance on how you can reduce heating and cooling costs in your home through do-it-yourself measures, including weather stripping your doors and windows, sealing the air leaks in your basement and attic, and installing interior storm windows.
- Healthy Homes: creating and maintaining an indoor environment with safe, healthy air and surfaces
- Mobile Home Efficiency: improvements unique to mobile homes, with a focus on DIY opportunities
- Modern Wood Heating: how wood pellet central heating systems work, and the relative cost and savings compared to other systems
- Saving Energy in Your Business: savings opportunities and resources available to help small and medium business lower energy costs and improve their bottom line
- Slash Your Energy Bills: introductory workshop on reducing energy bills through low-cost efficiency improvements, weatherization, and more
- Zero Energy Homes: the path toward a zero energy home with energy efficiency, heat pumps, and solar
To sign up or get more information about a workshop, contact us.
Tips & Tools
for Workshops & Consumer Education
- How to defeat the summer peak
- Who knew? 8 ways NOT to use a heat pump
- Is a smart thermostat worth buying?
- Water heater buying guide
- Video: How to insulate your basement
- Video: How to insulate your attic
- Video: How to air-seal your home
- Home buying with efficiency in mind
- How to choose and install storm windows
- How to choose the best quality LED bulb
- What is the Energy Efficiency Charge on my bill?