How to tighten up your home for better cold weather comfort (video)
Finding and sealing air leaks is an easy, low-cost way to make your home more comfortable and save on heating and cooling costs.
Watch this video for professional tips on how to seal problem areas such as windows, outlets, and doors. Then download the printable flier.
- Incense (to help identify air leaks)
- Silicone, acrylic latex caulk and/or low expanding foam for air sealing
- Cans of expanding spray foam insulation
- Exterior door frames
- Window frames
- Outlets and switches
- Attic entrance
- All ducts
- Plumbing, fuel, or electrical penetrations throughout the home
- Sill plates
- Outdoor water faucets
- Recessed lights
- Cracks and seams in the ceiling