Small steps can have a significant impact on how you feel in your home.
DIY opportunities to improve heat loss include weather-stripping windows and doors, insulating attic hatches and bulkhead doors, spot air sealing critical areas in the attic and basement, or adding Low-E storm windows. For how-to guidance, watch our videos. For deeper savings and greatest impact, hire a trained professional who can address health, safety, and proper ventilation.
How to Redeem
- Purchase materials that allow you to complete three of the seven eligible projects listed below (purchases must be made between 9/15/18 - 2/1/19).
- Complete these projects using the guidance found here.
- With your smart phone or camera, take clear pictures of your completed projects (at least 1 photo per project).
- Fill out rebate form.
- Submit rebate form, photos, and dated sales receipt(s) by 3/1/19.
Complete any three of the projects below, and receive up to $100 (or the total cost of project materials, if total is less than $100).
- Build or purchase an air tight, well insulated attic hatch
- Air seal and insulate the box sill and rim joists in your basement
- Build an air tight, well insulated bulkhead door in your basement
- Spot air seal and insulate your attic
- Install a new window, Low-E storm window or panel
- Weatherize windows
- Weatherize exterior doors
Guidance and How-To videos to help you complete each project can be found here.
- Valid for purchases made 9/15/18 – 2/1/19. Submissions must be postmarked by 3/1/19.
- Materials must be installed in Vermont.
- Efficiency Vermont reserves the right to conduct field inspections to verify installations.
- Limit one rebate per Vermont residential electric account per year.