Centrally-Ducted Heat Pumps
Utilizing existing duct work, centrally-ducted heat pumps integrate with forced air heating distribution systems and backup furnaces and can provide central air conditioning.
How to Redeem
- Research qualifying equipment (filter for Singlezone Ducted, Centrally Ducted) and review the Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning Rebate Form terms and conditions to confirm that you are eligible.
- Contact us at (888) 921-5990 for help finding an installer near you.
- Purchase and install qualifying equipment.
- Submit completed application and invoice(s).
Effective Date: July 1, 2019
Offer subject to change.
- $800/ton rebate - maximum of 5 tons
- $500 moderate income bonus (see details below)
- Installation can be complex and should be performed by a licensed contractor who is familiar with HVAC controls.
- Generally, fossil fuel heating system must be maintained as a backup heat source.
- Existing furnace may need to be upgraded to be compatible with heat pump.
Moderate Income Bonus
Vermonters whose household income meets the guidelines below may qualify for a $500 bonus rebate. Download this PDF to learn more and apply.
|Number of People in Household||Household Income Limit: Chittenden, Franklin, Grand Isle counties||Household Income Limit: All other Vermont counties|
- Installed equipment must be listed on the qualified products list (filter for Singlezone Ducted, Centrally Ducted).
- Eligible systems are comprised of a paired indoor air handler (usually an efficient furnace) and outdoor unit, both listed on the qualified product list.
- Building must have an existing centrally-ducted distribution system (generally connected to furnace).
Online Submission Bonus Details
- Online submission bonus available as of October 28, 2019
- Burlington Electric Department customers are not eligible for the $50 online submission bonus