About this rebate
Effective Date: January 1, 2021
Offer subject to change.
Qualified Products List View list
- Must be new, installed in Vermont, and listed on the Qualifying Products List at the time of purchase. Used, rebuilt, or refurbished equipment is not eligible.
- Eligible systems are based on a combination of outdoor unit model number and indoor unit model number or ducting configuration. (Note: Eligibility for centrally ducted systems that utilize the furnace air handler is based on outdoor unit model number only.)
|≤2 ton||$1,000 discount|
|>2 - <4 ton||$1,500 discount|
|≥4 ton||$2,000 discount|
|Income Bonus||$200 rebate|
Income is defined as the total annual gross income of all family and non-family members 18+ years old living within the household. To calculate income, take the monthly amount from the last one-to-two paychecks for yourself and the people in your household (before taxes) and multiply by 12. Include all wages, including regular salaries and overtime. If you are self-employed, use the previous month of pretax income and multiply by 12.
All sources of income must be counted from all persons in the household based on anticipated income expected within the next 12 months. Possible types of income include but are not limited to: wages, salary, tips, bonuses or commissions payments, public assistance, social security/SSI, child support, regular gifts, unemployment, income earned on assets (savings, IRA, etc.) and some types of financial aid.
- Work with a contractor to purchase qualified equipment at a participating distributor
- Receive instant discount at time of purchase
- Installation can be complex and should be performed by a licensed contractor who is familiar with HVAC controls.
- Generally, fossil fuel heating system must be maintained as a backup heat source.
- Existing furnace may need to be upgraded to be compatible with heat pump.
|Burlington Electric Department||up to $8,750||Post purchase rebate|
|Green Mountain Power||up to $1,000||Post purchase rebate|
|Municipalities served by VPPSA||$200 weatherization rebate||Post-purchase rebate|
|Vermont Electric CO-OP||$150 thermal bonus||Bill credit|
|Washington Electric CO-OP||$250||Direct payment|