High-efficiency wood stoves can save fuel and money, and protect you and your family's health.
How to Redeem
- Research qualifying cord wood stove models
- Visit or contact a participating retailer to purchase a qualified unit
- Discount is applied upon equipment purchase from participating retailer
Effective Date: November 1, 2018
This offer is available through participating retailers. Model must be listed on qualified products list. Rebate offer and amount subject to change. Offer subject to change.
Replacing an existing stove:
- If replacing a wood stove that was never certified by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), you are eligible for an $800 discount from the Renewable Energy Resource Center. (Prior to 1988, wood stoves were not certified by the EPA.) For more information about this funding from the Clean Energy Development Fund (CEDF), visit www.rerc-vt.org
- If replacing an EPA certified stove, you are eligible for a $650 discount, plus an additional $100 if your old unit is removed and disposed of at the time of installation
Adding a new wood stove:
- New stoves are eligible for a $650 discount
Washington Electric Coop customers are eligible for a $250 bill credit towards the purchase of a qualifying wood stove.
- Rebates are for new, high-efficiency wood stoves installed in Vermont
- Qualifying wood stoves meet <2.0 GPH emissions rating and are >70% efficient
- Efficiency Vermont discount cannot be combined with any other point-of-purchase discounts including the offers from CEDF and Windham & Windsor Housing Trust
- Installation should be performed by a National Fireplace Institute Woodburning Specialist
- Self-installed wood stoves are not eligible for this offer