Central Wood Pellet Furnaces & Boilers
Central pellet boilers can be an appealing choice for businesses and larger homes. They work like any other whole-building central boiler system, only with bulk wood pellets as a fuel source.
Advances since the mid-2000s have led to more efficient and clean wood heating appliances, including pellet stoves and boilers that achieve efficiency ratings over 80%.
How to Redeem
- Read the Terms and Conditions on the Commercial Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning Rebate Form to determine if you are eligible for a rebate.
- Verify that the product(s) you are going to purchase and install meet the eligibility requirements or contact us.
- Purchase and install qualifying product(s).
- Complete and sign the application.
- Include a copy of your invoice(s) as proof of purchase.
- Submit completed application form and invoice(s).
The Renewable Energy Resource Center contributes $3,000 of this $6,000 rebate. For more information about this funding from the Clean Energy Development Fund visit www.rerc-vt.org.
Eligibility RequirementsEquipment must be installed by an Efficiency Excellence Network HVAC–Central Wood Pellet Heating Systems contractor. No self-installations allowed.
- Rebates are for new, high-efficiency wood pellet furnaces and boilers installed as primary central heating systems in commercial spaces up to 5000 sq ft. For larger spaces, please contact us to enroll in the Custom Advanced Wood Heat program.
- Systems must be pellet-only and must be classified as indoor systems and installed inside.
- System must include:
- Fuel storage capacity of at least one ton;
- Automated fuel feed from a bulk storage container/area to the burn chamber in an integrated path; and
- Automated on/off fuel feed control based on a demand for heat.
- For qualifying models, please see http://www.rerc-vt.org/AWHSequipment.
- New construction not eligible for use with this form. Please contact Efficiency Vermont to enroll in the New Construction program.