COVID-19 Update: Read messageHide message »
To protect the health of our staff and our customers, Efficiency Vermont offices are closed to the public. We have cautiously begun scheduling project related site visits when required. You can find more information on our safety protocols here.
We know that you need support in reducing energy costs now more than ever, and we will continue to launch new offers and programs over the course of the summer. In the mean time, our customer support team is available to help you remotely. Contact us at (888) 921-5990 or email@example.com.
Return your building to its original efficiency levels by improving and optimizing HVAC and other systems.
Retrocommissioning (also called “existing building commissioning”) boosts your commercial space’s energy efficiency and comfort, while lowering operating costs. The goal is to optimize equipment like HVAC, lighting, and other control systems to match a building’s current use. Benefits include longer equipment life, lower energy bills, better air and light quality, and more comfortable, productive employees. Up-front incentives make it easy to get started.
- Improve your space’s air and light quality, temperature stability
- Lower operating costs, extend equipment life, and boost efficiency
- Get up-front incentives, including up to $5,000 for an initial qualifying walk-through visit
How to Get Started
Retrocommissioning takes about three to six months from initial walk-through to final implementation. To begin, contact us, your preferred contractor, or a retrocommissioning agent (RCx). Accompanied by your contractor and an Efficiency Vermont consultant, the RCx agent inspects your facility to find opportunities for savings. The cost of this walk-through (up to $5,000) is 100% covered by us, so it’s easy to get started at little or no expense.
- 100% coverage up to $5,000 (qualification stage)
- 50% cost share up to $15,000 (development stage)
- 10 cents per kWh up to $25,000—based on projected energy savings (implementation stage)
A Five-Step Process
- Pre-screening: We assess whether retrocommissioning is cost-effective for your facility.
- Qualification (1–2 hours): A RCx agent, your preferred contractor, and our energy consultant inspect your building to identify opportunities for saving.
[Paid by us: 100% of cost up to $5,000]
- Development (1–2 days): RCx agent sets up monitors, performs diagnostics, and develops a report outlining recommendations, including costs to implement and projected savings.
[Paid by us: 50% of cost up to $15,000]
- Implementation: Vendors, RCx agent, and customer carry out work recommended in report, then monitor and optimize.
[Paid to you: 10 cents per kwh up to $25,000, based on your projected energy savings]
- Verification: Our energy consultant measures, documents, and verifies your savings after project completion.