COVID-19 Update: Read messageHide message »
To protect the health of our staff and our customers, Efficiency Vermont offices are closed to the public. In the meantime, our customer support team is available to help you remotely. Contact us at (888) 921-5990 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have cautiously begun scheduling project related site visits when required. You can find more information on our safety protocols here.
Reduce energy use, boost productivity, and improve comfort and ambience in your business, school, or facility.
Lighting design improves your space by optimizing the technology and layout of its lighting. It can yield energy savings of up to 75%, as well as a more comfortable, welcoming environment for employees, customers, staff, or students. Call us and we’ll connect you with a lighting designer who can assess the specific needs of your business or facility. We can also review your contractor’s plans before work begins, to verify which products will be eligible for rebates.
- Improve the comfort and appeal of your space with lighting design tailored to its needs
- Lower your lighting bill by as much as 75% by updating layout, light levels, equipment, and controls
- Boost productivity in commercial, industrial, office, and educational settings
Applications of Lighting DesignLighting design matches the supply of light to the needs of a space—whether a school, office, hospital, or retail store. Museums, for instance, need highlights and darker areas, whereas offices require uniform light. When working in your space, a designer looks at everything from fixtures and controls to light output, level, and color. Creating a successful design does not necessarily require renovation, and is sometimes possible without moving light fixtures.
How Lighting Design Saves Money
A good design blends high-efficiency, long-lasting bulbs and fixtures (often LEDs ); optimized layouts and light levels; and advanced lighting controls. These controls save energy by turning off lights when not needed (via time scheduling or daylight sensors), or when a space is empty (via occupancy sensors). Updating older bulbs and fixtures alone will reduce energy use, but your savings can increase by 40% when those updates are part of a comprehensive lighting design project.
- Optimize your space for its current use (e.g., warehouse converted to offices)
- Increase savings by 40% over just one-to-one replacement of bulbs and fixtures
- Add resale value to your business, boost appeal for prospective tenants
Custom Rebates Available
Contact us to find out more about our custom rebates. If you’re interested in doing a lighting design project but need help with capital, we can also discuss your financing options. Learn more about Business Energy Loans.
Any size commercial building or space is eligible for the Lighting Design program, including manufacturing, institutional, and retail.
- Interior spaces only
- Existing buildings only
- Must not have received a discounted audit from us within the past three (3) years
- For new commercial buildings, please visit the New Construction page.