Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs) for HVAC Equipment
VFDs adjust motor speed to match the work being performed. In most systems, reducing a motor’s speed by 50% causes a 75% drop (or more) in energy consumption.
cash back after purchase
July 1, 2018
Rebate offer and amount subject to change.
How to Redeem
- Visit www.efficiencyvermont.com/rebates for product eligibility and rebate information.
- Read the Terms and Conditions on the Commercial Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning Rebate Form to determine if you are eligible for a rebate.
- Verify that the product(s) you are going to purchase and install meet the eligibility requirements or contact us.
- Purchase and install qualifying product(s).
- Complete and sign the application.
- Include a copy of your invoice(s) as proof of purchase.
- Submit completed application form and invoice(s).
|Supported Equipment Type||Supported Size Range in Horsepower (HP)|
|Chilled Water Pump||3-100|
|Heating Hot Water Pump||3-100|
|WSHP Circulation Pump||3-100|
|Boiler Draft Fan||2-10|
|Cooling Tower Fan||2-10|
|2 - 5 HP||$200|
- Eligible applications and supported sizes are exclusive to what is in the table.
- VFDs must be new and cannot replace existing VFDs.
- VFDs must be controlled by an automatic signal (such as differential pressure, flow, or temperature).
- NOT eligible: forward-curve fans with inlet guide vanes, variable pitch vane-axial fans, circulation pumps with integral variable speed technology, and VFD installations required by the 2015 Vermont Commercial Building Energy Standards (CBES).
- Custom rebates and savings analysis may be available for other applications and larger systems. Call 888-921-5990 for more information.
- For projects within the city of Burlington: For VFDs greater than 10 HP, rebates are only available with pre-approval by BED. To discuss your specific project in more detail, please call 856-7337.