Vermont Home Energy Profile
Decide where to make improvements that lower energy costs and appeal to energy-conscious buyers when the time comes to sell.
Homebuyers consider many factors when shopping for a home: updated kitchens, attractive floor plans, curb appeal, and size. For buyers who place a high value on energy efficiency, it can be hard to find this information. The Vermont Home Energy Profile helps solve this challenge.
- Create a free profile online
- Highlight home energy improvements
- Prioritize future projects
Creating a Home Energy Profile
Build a Home Energy Profile online that provides valuable information, including:
- What energy improvements have been made to the home
- Estimated annual electricity and heating costs, and how that compares with average homes of similar size and vintage
- What opportunities are available for making the home even more energy efficient
Using your Home Energy Profile
Homeowners can use the Profile results to decide where to make improvements that lower energy costs and appeal to energy-conscious buyers when the time comes to sell the home.
When listing a property on the market, the Home Energy Profile can be shared with realtors and potential buyers to highlight energy-related improvements.
Learn more from Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnership (NEEP):
The Vermont Home Energy Profile was developed by the statewide Vermont Energy Labeling Working Group, and is a tool that is administered by NEEP and Clearly Energy.