DIY Insulation and Air Sealing
Small steps can have a significant impact on how you feel in your home.
Efficiency Vermont provides a rebate to cover the cost of materials to air seal and insulate your attic or basement yourself. Because tightening up a home improperly can worsen air quality issues or lead to mold, we require review of our DIY Insulation and Air Sealing Quality Standards Manual before submitting your rebate application.
How to Redeem
- Download our DIY Insulation and Air Sealing Quality Standards Manual, completion checklist, and rebate form (below).
- Read the manual and purchase $250 or more in project materials (be sure to save your receipts!).
- Complete your project. Contact us at any time for technical support and guidance.
- Submit a completion checklist along with your rebate form and materials receipts by 12/31/18.
- Receive your $250 rebate.
- Customers of Burlington Electric Department and Vermont Gas Systems are not eligible for the DIY Program.
- The DIY Program is limited to single family homes including townhouses or other homes with shared side walls, but no shared top or bottom walls. Condos and other “stacked” homes with shared top or bottom walls are not eligible for participation.
- Incentives can be received for air sealing and insulating an attic or a basement/crawlspace, not both at the same time. A particular home may be eligible for one incentive through the DIY Program per year.
Download the Manual
You must agree to the terms below to download our DIY Insulation and Air Sealing Quality Standards Manual, completion checklist, and rebate form.