Refrigerant Leak Detection and Repair
Efficiency Vermont will cover 80% of the service costs for refrigerant leak detection and repair.
One pound of leaked refrigerant is equivalent to about 2,500 pounds of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. Preventative leak detection and repair improves equipment reliability, reduces refrigerant expenses, and increases energy efficiency while mitigating the environmental impact of refrigerant leaks.
How to Redeem
- Confirm eligibility: see eligibility requirements below
- Work with a Participating EEN Contractor. Use our Find a Contractor listing to select a contractor certified in leak detection. Your contractor will conduct a leak detection audit and document all leaks to be repaired.
- Complete leak detection and repair.
- Complete and sign the Commercial Refrigerant Leak Repair Rebate Form.
- Submit form with contractor invoices and W9. Form can be completed and submitted by the contractor or the business.
Effective Date: March 1, 2020
Does not cover refrigerant for recharge or large component replacement (e.g. new compressor or evaporator).
Offer subject to change.