Heat Recovery Units (HRUs) for Agricultural Use
Using waste heat from the milk bulk tank compressor to pre-heat water, heat recovery units can reduce hot water expenses by up to 50%.
Most dairy farms with 35 cows or more can benefit from the installation and use of heat recovery units.
cash back after purchase
January 1, 2018 to June 30, 2018
How to Redeem
- Read the Terms and Conditions on the Agricultural Lighting and Equipment Rebate Form to determine if you are eligible for a rebate.
- Verify that the product(s) you are going to purchase and install meet the eligibility requirements or contact us.
- Purchase and install qualifying product(s) during the rebate eligibility term (January 1, 2018 to June 30, 2018).
- Complete and sign the application.
- Include a copy of your invoice(s) as proof of purchase.
- Submit completed application form and invoice(s).
- Also known as a Fre-Heater®, pre-heater, or Therma-Stor® for the hot water system.
- Farm must milk at least 35 cows.
- Please contact Vermont Gas for natural gas-fired hot water systems.
- Please contact Efficiency Vermont for biomass-fired hot water systems or for heat recovery units for farm types other than dairy.