Heat Recovery Units (HRUs) for Agricultural Use
Using waste heat from the milk bulk tank compressor to pre-heat water, heat recovery units can reduce hot water expenses by up to 50%.
Most dairy farms with 35 cows or more can benefit from the installation and use of heat recovery units.
How to Redeem
- Read the Terms and Conditions on the Agricultural Lighting and Equipment Rebate Form to determine if you are eligible for a rebate.
- Verify that the product(s) you are going to purchase and install meet the eligibility requirements or contact us.
- Purchase and install qualifying product(s).
- Complete and sign the application.
- Include a copy of your invoice(s) as proof of purchase.
- Submit completed application form and invoice(s).
Effective Date: July 1, 2018
Offer subject to change.
- Also known as a Fre-Heater®, pre-heater, or Therma-Stor® for the hot water system.
- Farm must milk at least 35 cows.
- Please contact Vermont Gas for natural gas-fired hot water systems.
- Please contact Efficiency Vermont for biomass-fired hot water systems or for heat recovery units for farm types other than dairy.