COVID-19 Update: Read messageHide message »
To protect the health of our staff and our customers, Efficiency Vermont offices are closed to the public. In the meantime, our customer support team is available to help you remotely. Contact us at (888) 921-5990 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have cautiously begun scheduling project related site visits when required. You can find more information on our safety protocols here.
Get the brightness, quality, and color you demand, from a technology that lasts years longer than traditional lighting.
Compared with traditional light sources like incandescents, fluorescents, and halogens, LEDs are more efficient, generate less heat, and give the same amount of light. ENERGY STAR® certified and Design Lights Consortium (DLC) qualified LEDs also last at least 13 years. Fast-advancing technology and falling prices mean real savings potential for homeowners and businesses—especially when LEDs are matched to the right fixture for maximum efficiency.
Why the ENERGY STAR logo matters
When purchasing an LED, look for the blue ENERGY STAR logo on the packaging. The ENERGY STAR label guarantees quality, performance, and efficiency. Bulbs that are not ENERGY STAR certified do not meet the high standards for brightness, color, energy use, and lifetime rating. High quality ENERGY STAR LEDs are readily available at retailers throughout Vermont and are more affordable than ever, making this a great time to upgrade.
Indoor LED Lighting
LEDs are highly directional, illuminating only where needed. That means less wasted light and heat, better ambience, and lower electric bills for you. LEDs cover a wide range of applications for interior spaces, both residential and commercial: reading and task lights, table lamps, decorative fixtures, display and freezer cases, under-cabinets, overhead fixtures, track lights, recessed downlights, and more.
- Increase comfort and productivity, save money in your home or business
- Enjoy superior light quality and color choice (cool bright white to warm white)
- Illuminate only the areas you need to: highly directional light
Outdoor LED Lighting
High-efficiency LEDs can lower energy costs and make outdoor spaces safer and more secure. With the right design, fixtures, and automatic controls, outdoor LEDs can also give more uniform light while consuming less energy. They’re used everywhere from parking garages to streetlights, security floodlights, canopy and wall-mounts, and decorative path lights for the home.
- Lower your bill with high-efficiency bulbs, fixtures, and controls
- Boost safety and security with automated lighting controls
- Reduce skyglow (light pollution) for a cleaner environment
What is the best way to dispose of CFLs?CFLs may not be placed in the trash or recycling bins because they contain a very small amount of mercury (less than a watch battery). They are accepted for recycling at retail and municipal collection locations (.PDF) across the State. Contact your local municipality or solid waste district for additional options.
for LED Lighting
- How to find the light that's right for you
- How to choose energy efficient lighting for your home (video)
- Invest in energy upgrades to avoid losing money
- The renter’s guide to energy savings
- Lighting tips for fall and winter
- How to choose the best quality LED bulb
- 3 easy ways to save money at your business
- 3 easy ways to save money at your dealership