COVID-19 Update: Read messageHide message »
To protect the health of our staff and our customers, Efficiency Vermont offices are closed to the public. In the meantime, our customer support team is available to help you remotely. Contact us at (888) 921-5990 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have cautiously begun scheduling project related site visits when required. You can find more information on our safety protocols here.
Create ambience and reduce energy use, with hands-free control of lights that change warmth, intensity, and sometimes color.
Smart lighting is one of the more affordable smart technologies, and arguably the most enjoyable. Programmable bulbs and switches can enhance the security of your home, as well as its energy efficiency. Making the switch to ENERGY STAR® smart bulbs in high-use areas like the kitchen can save up to 27% on energy use.
Smart Switches & Controls
Smart switches offer greater versatility than smart lights, because of their ability to operate both standard and smart bulbs. They’re also much less expensive, particularly when you consider the cost of lighting an entire room. Smart switches can replace standard wall switches, but most require a neutral wire. Before you purchase, check switch specifications and have a contractor confirm your home’s wiring setup.
- Operate standard bulbs with smart technology
- Save on the cost of lighting large rooms, or multiple rooms
- Unlike smart bulbs, switches can’t change a bulb’s color or allow different dimming levels on multiple bulbs
- Check to ensure compatibility with existing light bulbs and your home’s electrical wiring
Smart lights are an inexpensive way to improve your home’s security. Use motion sensors to turn on lights when someone’s at the door, or control lights remotely while you’re away from home. For those with home security systems, smart lighting can enhance safety features by turning on lights in response to specific actions, such as the doorbell ringing. Some smart bulbs include infrared modes for use with security cameras.
- Smart lights are a simple, inexpensive way to increase the security of your home
- Turn on lights before you get to your front door, or while you’re away from home
- Look for bulbs with built-in motion and daylight sensors
- For integration with security cameras, look for bulbs with infrared capability