Helpful alerts and diagnostics make ENERGY STAR® certified smart appliances a smart choice.
From screens that provide recipe ideas for the contents of your fridge, to laundry soap that reorders itself, smart appliances offer unprecedented convenience. They can be controlled remotely or through voice commands, and alert you to repair issues before they become a problem. These and other features come at a premium, but ENERGY STAR models save on operating costs by reducing power requirements and providing feedback on usage patterns.
With a smart dishwasher, you can halt water leaks before they ruin your floors, be reminded when you’re low on soap and rinsing agents, or schedule loads to run while you sleep. If you pay utility time-of-use rates, ENERGY STAR certified smart appliances can lower your energy bills by shifting loads and energy-intensive operations to off-peak hours.
- Automatically run lower-cost wash cycles for smaller loads
- Program loads to run while you’re away, asleep, or during cooler temperatures
- For those paying time-of-use rates, save up to 9% on usage cost each year
With smart technology, washing and drying your laundry has never been easier. Start the wash anytime, anyplace, or come home to freshly dried clothes. Some models save time and reduce wear on clothing by using artificial intelligence to adjust settings for different fabrics. Most models will send notifications when it’s time to swap loads or make repairs, such as unclogging a lint trap, which increases energy savings.
- Look for ENERGY STAR models that use sensing capabilities to save time (and energy) on loads
- Save on energy bills by programming smart washer settings to default to cold water and high spin speeds
- For those paying time-of-use rates, save up to 7% on usage costs each year