COVID-19 Update: Read messageHide message »
To protect the health of our staff and our customers, Efficiency Vermont offices are closed to the public. We have cautiously begun scheduling project related site visits when required. You can find more information on our safety protocols here.
We know that you need support in reducing energy costs now more than ever, and we will continue to launch new offers and programs over the course of the summer. In the mean time, our customer support team is available to help you remotely. Contact us at (888) 921-5990 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vermont energy efficiency programs win national recognition
Efficiency Vermont and Vermont Gas Systems won national recognition last week for five energy efficiency programs serving businesses and households. The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE), a Washington, D.C. nonprofit research group, selected the winners from a nationwide pool of candidates for its prestigious Exemplary Program awards.
“Vermont has long been a national leader in energy efficiency, and these awards recognize that fact,” said Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin. “Efficiency Vermont and Vermont Gas Systems are models for the nation. Thanks to their work, in close collaboration with the state, Vermont homes and businesses are saving money, saving energy, and reducing their contribution to global climate change.”
Efficiency Vermont and Vermont Gas Systems were honored for five programs:
- Efficiency Vermont Low-Income Services: Reducing the energy burden of low-income Vermonters in new and existing housing through partnerships with low-income service providers.
- Vermont Gas Systems Commercial Retrofit Services :Providing technical and financial assistance to help commercial and industrial natural gas customers reduce their natural gas consumption through the installation of high efficiency projects including equipment and controls upgrades, heat recovery opportunities, and enhancements to production processes.
- Vermont Gas Systems Residential Equipment Replacement Services: Encouraging natural gas customers and local area contractors to install high efficient boilers, furnaces and water heaters by providing financial incentives and technical resources.
- Efficiency Vermont Retail Efficient Products Residential Lighting Services: Working to assure the availability and increase the affordability of quality efficiency lighting products for Vermont’s households.
- Efficiency Vermont & Vermont Gas Systems Residential New Construction Services: Providing comprehensive energy efficiency services to customers building or gut-rehabbing new single and multifamily homes in Vermont.
“Efficiency Vermont and Vermont Gas Systems are delivering energy savings that are critical in helping customers reduce their energy costs,” said ACEEE Utilities Program director Dan York. “Plus they make an important environmental contribution by reducing pollution from the use of fossil fuels.”
The Exemplary Program awards, granted every five years, honor programs judged to be especially noteworthy for their effectiveness and innovation in helping customers increase the energy efficiency of their homes, offices, businesses, and industries. By doing so, these programs reduce energy costs, improve the environment, and boost economic development.
“Efficiency Vermont is committed to innovation and leadership to help Vermonters save energy and save money,” said Jim Merriam, Director, Efficiency Vermont. “We are proud that our work on behalf of Vermonters is winning national recognition. The recognition of our work on behalf of low-income Vermonters is especially important – these households have the most challenges when it comes to energy costs and it is critical that we constantly work to help them reduce those costs.”
“Energy efficiency remains a top priority for Vermont Gas as we continue to help our customers reduce their energy consumption and lower their heating bills,” said Don Gilbert, President and CEO of Vermont Gas Systems. “We look forward to bringing the benefits of our efficiency programs to more areas as we continue to expand our system in Vermont,” Gilbert said.
For a full listing of honored programs, see: http://aceee.org/press/2013/03/aceee-recognizes-exemplary-energy-ef
About Efficiency Vermont
Efficiency Vermont is helping our state transition to a more affordable and cleaner future. Since 2000, Efficiency Vermont has brought Vermonters together to reduce the cost of energy. We work with our partners to provide incentives, technical advice, and efficient products to help customers save money, and lower carbon emissions. For more information, contact Efficiency Vermont at (888) 921-5990 or visit www.efficiencyvermont.com
About Vermont Gas Systems
Vermont Gas Systems was established in 1965 to supply natural gas to 6,400 customers in Chittenden and Franklin Counties. Over the years, residents and businesses in these communities have recognized natural gas to be a clean, efficient and abundant form of energy. Over 45,000 customers now recognize Vermont Gas’ commitment to providing safe, economical service.
About The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy
The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy, a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization, acts as a catalyst to advance energy efficiency policies, programs, technologies, investments, and behaviors. For more information, contact Dan York, ACEEE Utilities Program Director at email@example.com.
About Efficiency Vermont
Efficiency Vermont was created by the Vermont Legislature and the Vermont Public Service Board to help all Vermonters reduce energy costs, strengthen the economy, and protect Vermont’s environment. For more information, contact Efficiency Vermont at 888-921-5990 or visit www.efficiencyvermont.com
Phone: (802) 540-7662
Vermont Gas Systems