Efficiency Vermont to host forums on improving energy efficiency in municipal buildings
Efficiency Vermont will hold a series of forums this fall in order to help municipalities learn the steps they can take to save money and energy by improving the efficiency of their public buildings.
The forums, which will take place in eight communities throughout Vermont, will be held in partnership with the state’s regional planning commissions and will provide detailed information on energy audits, efficiency improvements, and how to pay for energy efficiency projects in schools and other municipal buildings.
Forums have been scheduled in the following regions:
- Lamoille County: Thursday, October 11 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Lamoille County Regional Planning Commission offices, 52 Portland Street in Morrisville.
- Bennington County: Wednesday, October 24 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Cole Hall on Route 7A in Shaftsbury village.
- Windham County: Tuesday, October 30 from 6:30-9:00 p.m. at Townshend Town Hall, 2006 VT Route 30 in Townshend.
- Upper Valley region: Thursday, November 1 from 6:30-9:00 p.m. at Two Rivers-Ottauquechee Regional Commission offices, 128 King Farm Road in Woodstock.
- Rutland region: Thursday, November 8 from 7:00-9:00 p.m. at Rutland Regional Medical Center, Leahy Center Room A, 160 Allen Street in Rutland.
- Northwest region: Tuesday, November 13 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the State Police Barracks, 140 Fisher Pond Road in St. Albans.
- Northeast Kingdom region: Wednesday, November 28 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Northeast Vermont Development Association offices, 36 Eastern Avenue in St. Johnsbury.
- Central region: Thursday, December 6 from 6:30-9:00 p.m. at the Central Vermont Chamber of Commerce, 33 Stewart Road in Berlin.
About Efficiency Vermont
As the nation’s first Energy Efficiency Utility, Efficiency Vermont has helped Vermont avoid over 13.2 million metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions and has received the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s ENERGY STAR program Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence award for the last seven consecutive years. Efficiency Vermont works with partners to help our state transition to more affordable, low carbon energy use through education, incentives, and support for our clean energy workforce. Learn more at www.efficiencyvermont.com.
Phone: (802) 540-7662