Video Contest Guidelines & FAQs
Video Contest Submission Guidelines
- Videos must be less than 60 seconds (enter a video URL from YouTube or Instagram to submit)
- Must be 18 to enter and the owner of the single-family Vermont residence to win
- MP4 and MOV video formats are preferred (max file upload size is 50 MB)
- Video must be an original work of the contestants
- Videos should not use copyrighted material without permission (example: do not use a copyrighted song or poem)
- You must be the parent or legal guardian of any child under 13 that appears in your video
- The entry with the most votes when the contest ends at 11:59 p.m. E.D.T. on April 22, 2018, will be awarded the grand prize. The second prize will be awarded to the next three vote-getters. In the event of a tie, the winner will be chosen at the discretion of Efficiency Vermont.
Best practices for a great video submission
- Your video doesn't have to be fancy. Most smartphones have the ability to record great video.
- Be creative and have fun – don’t hesitate to show us cute animals, funny kids, or even an original song. Give folks a reason to vote for your video!
- Use your video to tell us about your home and how you live in it. Most homes could benefit from air sealing and insulation – tell us about your home.
- Rally your friends! While you have to be a Vermont resident to win, the votes can come from anywhere. Get the word out to your friends on social media and ask them to vote for your video.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the submission process?
- Create a video and upload your video to YouTube or Instagram and copy the URL and paste it into the submission form at the official contest entry form at https://woobox.com/d96ikk
- Videos from YouTube or Instagram must be from a public profile and set to public for viewing (when you upload a video on YouTube, by default it is set as a public video).
- Enter the required information fields and submit via the official contest entry form.
- Share your video with your friends so they can vote for your video to win.
Remember:Only votes in the official video gallery count toward winning the contest.
How will I know if I win?
Top vote-getters will be notified by email on or around April 23, 2018, to verify their eligibility.
How will Efficiency Vermont use the video I enter?
If we like your video we will likely use it on the Efficiency Vermont website, YouTube channel, and Facebook page! Once you submit a video, it belongs to Efficiency Vermont as the sponsor of the contest.
What should I avoid in my video?
- Your video cannot contain material which is (or promotes activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, self-mutilating (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing.
- Don’t provide personally identifying information like your street address or phone number in the video. You must be the parent or legal guardian of any children under 13 who appear in your video.