Cut your fossil fuel use by 50% and get up to $3,000 back
Control your energy costs by pairing energy efficiency measures with clean power from the sun. Act now for this limited time offer.
How does it work?
- Start your project by September 2017 with a BPPA contractor to receive a solar bonus of up to $1,000 off your installation
- Cut your fossil fuel use by 50% when you pair solar with air sealing and insulation, and receive up to $2,000 back
- Incorporate other energy saving systems like heat pump heating and cooling systems to save even more, and get additional Efficiency Vermont rebates
Air sealing, adding insulation, and upgrading heating and cooling systems reduces your energy use and gets your home "solar ready." Minimizing energy loss in the home maximizes the benefits of installing solar panels to generate your own clean energy.
A smart investment
Not only will solar save you money on your electric bills, research from Lawrence Berkeley National Labs has found that solar panels can increase the resale value of your home by as much as $15,000.
Participating in this program will also reduce your fossil fuel use by half, eliminating an estimated 5000 pounds of carbon dioxide every year.
Don't miss out.
This is a limited-time offer. Submit your info and a customer support specialist will contact you to confirm your eligibility and discuss how to start your project.
Offer ends September 2017
To be eligible for the $1,000 solar bonus your home must:
- Be engaged in Efficiency Vermont’s Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® Program (includes projects previously completed, or in process, in 2016 and 2017)
- Use a Building Performance Professionals Association (BPPA) member contractor
- Achieve at least 50% site fossil fuel savings through a combination of weatherization or renewable energy technologies (determined by a BPPA certified contractor)
- Be located within a specific Green Mountain Power territory (see green area in map below)