How does it work?
- New weatherization projects receive up to $2,000 back, plus an additional $1,000 bonus
- Pair with solar and receive an additional bonus. An average sized system (5.4kW) will receive a bonus of $1,000; bigger systems will receive even more
- Incorporate a heat pump heating and cooling system and get an additional discount of up to $800
Air sealing, adding insulation, and upgrading heating and cooling systems reduces your energy use and gets your home "solar ready." Minimizing energy loss in the home maximizes the benefits of installing solar panels to generate your own clean energy.
A smart investment
Not only will solar save you money on your electric bills, research from Lawrence Berkeley National Labs has found that solar panels can increase the resale value of your home by as much as $15,000.
Participating in this program will also reduce your fossil fuel use by half, eliminating an estimated 5000 pounds of carbon dioxide every year.
Don't miss out.
This is a limited-time offer. Submit your info and a customer support specialist will contact you to confirm your eligibility and discuss how to start your project.
Or, view a participating BPPA contractor list now.
Offer ends December 2017
To be eligible for this offer, you must:
- Use a Building Performance Professionals Association (BPPA) member contractor
- Achieve at least 50% site fossil fuel savings through a combination of weatherization or renewable energy technologies (determined by a BPPA certified contractor)
- Enroll in the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® Program (projects completed during 2016 and prior to October 1, 2017 are eligible to receive the solar bonus, but do not qualify for the $1,000 weatherization bonus)
- Only customers located within a specific Green Mountain Power territory (see green area in map below) are eligible to receive the solar bonus of up to $1,880