Variable Speed Milk Transfer Systems (VSMTs)
A VSMT consists of a variable speed pump and controller that regulates or slows down the milk flow through the plate cooler. A VSMT system can result in milk that is the same temperature as the farm’s well water (an average of 50 degrees). The milk then goes into the bulk tank and is mechanically cooled down by compressors to 38 degrees.
VSMT systems are usually cost-effective for dairy farms with 75 cows or more.
How to Redeem
- Visit www.efficiencyvermont.com/rebates for product eligibility and rebate information.
- Read the Terms and Conditions on the Agricultural Lighting and Equipment Rebate Form to determine if you are eligible for a rebate.
- Verify that the product(s) you are going to purchase and install meet the eligibility requirements or contact us.
- Purchase and install qualifying product(s).
- Complete and sign the application.
- Include a copy of your invoice(s) as proof of purchase.
- Submit completed application form and invoice(s).
- Farm must milk at least 75 cows.
- If you milk goats, contact Efficiency Vermont to inquire about custom rebates.