ENERGY STAR® certified smart thermostats allow you to create automatic and programmable temperature setbacks to reduce energy use based on daily schedules, weather conditions, and heating and cooling needs.
How to Redeem
- Find a retailer.
- Purchase and install new eligible product(s).
- Complete rebate form.
- Install your smart thermostat and register it with the manufacturer.
- Submit rebate form with dated sales receipt.
Effective Date: January 1, 2019
Model must be listed on qualified products list. Offer subject to change.Recycle old mercury thermostats and receive a $5 coupon or store credit. Go to thermostat-recycle.org for details.
- Thermostat(s) must be listed on the Efficiency Vermont qualified products list at the time of purchase.
- Thermostat(s) must be new (not used/refurbished)
- Lifetime limit of two smart thermostat rebates per Vermont residence and six per Vermont business location.
- After new smart thermostat is installed and connected to wi-fi, it must be registered as a connected device with the manufacturer to be eligible for a rebate.
- A customer contribution of $50 to the pre-tax purchase price of each product is required; therefore, the rebate amount will be the lesser of (a) the applicable rebate listed or (b) the pre-tax purchase price minus $50.
- Rebate is not valid if wholesale discount has already been received on the purchase of the unit.