Optimize control systems to boost your commercial space’s energy efficiency and comfort.
Efficiency Vermont provides custom incentives and project support to help return buildings to their original efficiency levels. Also called “Existing building commissioning,” this program targets HVAC, lighting, and other control systems to lower operational costs, extend equipment life, and boost efficiency.
How to Redeem
Contact us to be pre-screened to see if retrocommissioning is right for your facility.
Effective Date: January 1, 2019
Offer subject to change.
Retrocommissioning is a five-step process:
- Pre-screening: We assess whether retrocommissioning is cost-effective for your facility.
- Qualification: A RCx agent, your preferred contractor, and our energy consultant inspect your building to identify opportunities for saving.
[Paid by us: 100% of cost up to $5,000]
- Development: RCx agent sets up monitors, performs diagnostics, and develops a report outlining recommendations, including costs to implement and projected savings.
[Paid by us: 50% of cost up to $15,000]
- Implementation: Vendors, RCx agent, and customer carry out work recommended in report, then monitor and optimize.
[Paid to you: 10 cents per kwh up to $25,000, based on your projected energy savings]
- Verification: Our energy consultant measures, documents, and verifies your savings after project completion.
Learn more about Retrocommissioning.
Top candidates for retrocommissioning include:
- Buildings with central boilers, chiller plants, or underutilized automated control systems
- Buildings with unexplained increases in energy use or occupant complaints about comfort
- Buildings that have recently shifted to a new use or type of business activity