Home Performance with ENERGY STAR
Work with an Efficiency Excellence Network contractor to improve your home's insulation and air sealing — ensuring occupants' comfort, health, and safety — and get 75% off project costs.
About this rebate
Offer available to:
- ✓ Residential Properties
- ✓ Rental Properties
Effective Date: July 1, 2022
Offer available while funding lasts.
- Offer is for existing single-family Vermont residences and rental properties with fewer than five units. (Multifamily properties with five units or more may be eligible for Building Performance.)
- Free services are available through local weatherization organizations to low-income Vermont residents who meet income eligibility guidelines.
- A participating Efficiency Excellence Network contractor must oversee the work.
- Eligible projects achieve minimum air leakage reduction of 10% (as measured by a pre- and post-blower door test), and installation of all recommended health and safety improvements.
- Vermont Gas Systems customers: call (802) 863-4511 x321 or visit www.vermontgas.com to determine eligibility.
- Receive 75% of project costs back, up to $2,000.
- Vermont residents whose annual household income falls at or below the following levels are eligible for 75% of project costs back, up to $5,000. Household income will be verified by Opportunities Credit Union upon enrollment to determine eligibility.
Income is defined as the total annual gross income of all family and non-family members age 18 years and older living within the household.
Opportunities Credit Union will determine annual household income for all members of the household. For each household member, the credit union will collect the person’s name, all sources of income (including both earned and unearned income), total annual income, and required supporting documentation. Acceptable forms of income documentation are:
Types of income include, but are not limited to: wages, salary, tips, bonuses or commissions payments, public assistance, social security/SSI, child support, regular gifts, unemployment, income earned on assets (savings, IRA, etc.) and some types of financial aid.
- Hire an Efficiency Excellence Network contractor and plan the scope of your project.
- Verify household income with Opportunities Credit Union to determine eligibility for enhanced incentives.
- Work with your contractor to complete the project.
- Contractor reports completed work to Efficiency Vermont for review.
- Receive 75% of project cost back, up to $2,000 per project, or $5,000 per project for income-eligible Vermonters.
Vermont Gas Systems customers can receive up to $5,000 for single family and $7,500 for multifamily buildings. Visit www.vermontgas.com to determine eligibility.
Secure financing to help pay for energy-saving improvements.
Financing for Homeowners
Flexible financing for homeowners starting at 0% interest.