Sealing air leaks and adding insulation to the basement or crawlspace can yield substantial benefits when done properly.
One of the most important parts of finishing a basement is installing insulation, which saves energy. It also helps control moisture and provides a base for drywall. If you are doing a home renovation project, now may be a great time to tackle air sealing and insulating your basement.
How to Redeem
- Confirm eligibility (see below and rebate form).
- Work with a contractor of your choice to complete a qualifying weatherization project.
- Complete and sign rebate form.
- Submit form with contractor’s invoice, including company name and installation date.
|Basement air sealing / insultation||$250|
Can be combined with attic weatherization.
- Attic and/or basement air sealing and insulation must be installed by a contractor in an existing single family home in Vermont (home must not share attic or basement with a neighboring unit).
- Limit one rebate per location (attic/basement) per residence.
- Burlington Electric Department and Vermont Gas Systems customers are not eligible for this rebate.
- Efficiency Vermont reserves the right to conduct field inspections to verify installations.