Sealing air leaks and adding insulation to the basement or crawlspace can yield substantial benefits when done properly.
One of the most important parts of finishing a basement is installing insulation, which saves energy. It also helps control moisture and provides a base for drywall. If you are doing a home renovation project, now may be a great time to tackle air sealing and insulating your basement.
How to Redeem
- Confirm eligibility (see below and rebate form).
- Work with a contractor of your choice to complete a qualifying weatherization project.
- Complete and sign rebate form.
- Submit form with contractor’s invoice, including company name and installation date.
- Receive $250 back.
Effective Date: July 15, 2019
Offer subject to change.
- Can be combined with attic weatherization.
- Cannot be redeemed in addition to Home Performance with ENERGY STAR rebate (for the same scope of work).
Moderate Income Bonus
Vermonters whose household income meets the guidelines below may qualify for a $250 bonus rebate. Download this PDF to learn more and apply.
|Number of People in Household||Household Income Limit: Chittenden, Franklin, Grand Isle counties||Household Income Limit: All other Vermont counties|
- Attic and/or basement air sealing and insulation must be installed by a contractor in an existing single family home in Vermont (home must not share attic or basement with a neighboring unit).
- Limit one rebate per location (attic/basement) per residence.
- Burlington Electric Department and Vermont Gas Systems customers are not eligible for this rebate.
- Efficiency Vermont reserves the right to conduct field inspections to verify installations.
Online Submission Bonus Details
- Online submission bonus available as of October 28, 2019