According to ENERGY STAR® nine out of ten homes in the U.S. are under insulated.
Sealing gaps, cracks, and other leaks that let outside air into your home (especially in the attic), as well as adding insulation in the attic are typically the most cost-effective, energy-saving improvements to your home. If you are doing a home renovation project, now may be a great time to tackle an air sealing and insulating project in your attic.
How to Redeem
- Confirm eligibility (see below and rebate form).
- Work with a contractor of your choice to complete a qualifying weatherization project.
- Complete and sign rebate form.
- Submit form with contractor’s invoice, including company name and installation date.
- Receive $250 back.
Effective Date: July 15, 2019
Offer subject to change.
- Can be combined with basement weatherization.
- Cannot be redeemed in addition to Home Performance with ENERGY STAR rebate (for the same scope of work).
Moderate Income Bonus
Vermonters whose household income meets the guidelines below may qualify for a $250 bonus rebate. Download this PDF to learn more and apply.
|Number of People in Household||Household Income Limit: Chittenden, Franklin, Grand Isle counties||Household Income Limit: All other Vermont counties|
- Attic and/or basement air sealing and insulation must be installed by a contractor in an existing single family home in Vermont (home must not share attic or basement with a neighboring unit).
- Limit one rebate per location (attic/basement) per residence.
- Burlington Electric Department and Vermont Gas Systems customers are not eligible for this rebate.
- Efficiency Vermont reserves the right to conduct field inspections to verify installations.
Online Submission Bonus Details
- Online submission bonus available as of October 28, 2019