According to ENERGY STAR® nine out of ten homes in the U.S. are under insulated.
Sealing gaps, cracks, and other leaks that let outside air into your home (especially in the attic), as well as adding insulation in the attic are typically the most cost-effective, energy-saving improvements to your home. If you are doing a home renovation project, now may be a great time to tackle an air sealing and insulating project in your attic.
How to Redeem
- Confirm eligibility (see below and rebate form).
- Work with a contractor of your choice to complete a qualifying weatherization project.
- Complete and sign rebate form.
- Submit form with contractor’s invoice, including company name and installation date.
|Attic air sealing / insultation||$250|
Can be combined with basement weatherization.
- Attic and/or basement air sealing and insulation must be installed by a contractor in an existing single family home in Vermont (home must not share attic or basement with a neighboring unit).
- Limit one rebate per location (attic/basement) per residence.
- Burlington Electric Department and Vermont Gas Systems customers are not eligible for this rebate.
- Efficiency Vermont reserves the right to conduct field inspections to verify installations.