Fall 2022 Program Changes & Reminders
Efficiency Vermont Program Updates & Reminders:
Coming Soon: Efficiency Vermont’s Find-a-Pro Revamp
Efficiency Vermont will be launching an updated Find-a-Pro digital tool on October 31st, 2022. Some new features and improvements to the tool will include:
- Improved layout and design
- Increased customer ability to edit or redo their search at any point, including the ability to easily filter and sort results
- Prioritized value and importance of EEN members in search results.
Save the Date: BBD 2023
The annual Better Buildings by Design conference will officially be held on April 5th and 6th, 2023, at the Doubletree by Hilton in South Burlington, Vermont. The conference theme is “Mission to No Emissions: Connect, Create, Innovate” and more information on sponsor and exhibitor opportunities will be announced shortly.
Wood & Pellet Stove Incentive Changes:
Effective October 15th, 2022, Efficiency Vermont will increase the midstream incentive for Advanced Wood Stoves from $200 to $400.
New ARPA Programs from the Small-Scale Renewable Energy Incentive Program (SSREIP):
Increased funding has been made available through the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) for low- and moderate-income Vermonters. Additional information, including forms, can be found at The Renewable Energy Resource Center (rerc-vt.org) or by email at [email protected]:
- Residential Advanced Wood Heating System adder: Additional funds added to existing $3,000 SSREIP incentive for pellet heating systems. Please note, this offer cannot be combined with the Coal-Change out adder. Customers must use a Participating EEN AWHS Installer.
- Low income (<80% AMI) - $8,000 adder + $3,000 base SSREIP rebate = $11,000 total
- Moderate income (80%-≤120% AMI) - $6,000 adder + $3,000 base SSREIP rebate = $9,000 total
- Residential Woodstove change-out (WSCO) & Repair program: New incentives for woodstove change-out installations plus support for repairs of EPA certified stoves newer than 20 years old and/or hearths and/or ventilation systems (i.e. the chimney), that are necessary for the new stove to meet Vermont’s current Fire & Building Safety Codes. Installations of new catalysts qualify as a stove repair. Please note, this offer cannot be combined with the Coal Change-out adder. Customers must use a Participating Stove Retailer/Installer. To sign up, please complete, sign, and return the Wood Stove Change out & Repairs Participation Agreement to RERC.
- Low income (<80% AMI): 80% of installation cost up to $6,000 for stove only and up to $10,000 with repairs
- Moderate income (80%-≤120% AMI): 60% of installation cost up to $6,000 for stove only and up to $10,000 with repairs
Please note- ARPA funding requires income verification, including supporting documentation, to qualify customers for program eligibility prior to voucher approval. RERC Is partnering with Opportunities Credit Union to provide this service.
Upcoming BPI Trainings
Efficiency Vermont will be hosting BPI Certification Trainings where we will be offering access to approximately 25 hours of online training content and practice exams that students can access at their own pace and availability over the course of about 4-6 weeks. We will also be providing hands-on training on the testing equipment and processes around the state over 4 weeks that can be attended once or as many times as needed to prepare for the exams. Exams (both written and field) will be accessed by students when they are ready and will be proctored remotely. Trainings are anticipated to begin later this fall.
EEN Member Annual Survey
Attention all EEN members: We will be sending out our annual EEN Member survey shortly and we need your help. Your feedback is critical in helping us to serve both you and your customers most effectively. So please be sure to tell us what is working well (and not so well) with the EEN by taking this 10-minute survey.
A Cold-climate Heat Pump Reminder:
This is a reminder to make sure you are collecting accurate customer data when purchasing and selling cold-climate heat pumps. When talking with your customer please make sure to confirm their distribution utility provider. The Green Mountain Power $400 adder must only be applied to Green Mountain Power customers. You can find an interactive map here of customers electric utility providers.
The Cold-Climate Heat Pump program relies on accurate data from contractors and distributors. Providing inaccurate data may require program rebate changes in the future. Please reach out with any questions.
Vermont Green Building Network (VGBN): Board of Directors Opportunity
Are you interested in helping an organization that is committed to advancing environmental, economic, community, and health benefits of green design, construction and building operation practices? Vermont Green Building Network (VGBN) is looking to grow their Board! The ideal candidate is committed to the VGBN mission. Individuals from any background are invited to apply, and special consideration will be granted to applicants interested in filling the open Treasurer position. To learn more about the position or to nominate a colleague, please email your inquiry and/or resume to VGBN Executive Director, Jenna Antonino DiMare: [email protected]
Join the Network Today
As an EEN Member, you'll gain access to enhanced services, training, and business opportunities to building professionals. Learn more...