Low-cost Energy Loans
Often, high initial cost is the biggest barrier to improving the energy efficiency of a home. When you are interested in making significant home energy improvements, such as a comprehensive Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® project, appropriate financing can make the investment possible and affordable.
NeighborWorks Alliance of Vermont has 0-3% loans to make energy improvements, install alternative energy technology, or weatherize your home.
The Save Energy Assistance Loan program offers:
- 0-3% interest rate (different HomeOwnership Centers offer different rates).
- Free project oversight and coordination.
- Flexible terms to create an affordable payment; deferred loans available to income-eligible customers.
- Rebates for up to 30% of the weatherization work performed by a Home Performance with ENERGY STAR contractor through Efficiency Vermont.
The Save Energy Assistance Loan program requires:
- Qualification for income, owner-occupancy, and other basic eligibility requirements.
- An energy audit by a Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® professional or Weatherization Assistance Program.
- Improvements must be installed by a Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® contractor.
- Other health and safety code items found in the home must be corrected as part of the loan.
To apply for the Save Energy Assistance Loan program through the NeighborWorks HomeOwnership Center, contact the housing loan fund in your region.