Fuel Assistance Information

If you need assistance to pay high fuel bills, Fuel Assistance (also known as Home Heating Assistance) can help pay part of your home heating bills whether you:

  • Own your home or rent;
  • Pay for heat directly or as part of rent;
  • Rent a room in someone's home; or
  • Live in public, subsidized, or Section 8 housing AND rent includes the cost of heat.

Learn more about the Fuel Assistance through the Vermont Department for Children and Families.