Vermont ENERGY STAR® Homes
Partner with Efficiency Vermont to build homes that earn the ENERGY STAR
Vermont ENERGY STAR Homes helps homebuyers easily identify homes that are significantly more energy efficient than standard construction in the marketplace. There is no cost to participate in this service.
Since 2000, this service has been supporting home builders to build ENERGY STAR certified homes in Vermont. Each ENERGY STAR Home incorporates building details that ensure superior energy efficiency, durability and health. Homes achieving ENERGY STAR requirements receive nationally-recognized EPA ENERGY STAR for Homes label. Efficiency Vermont, in partnership with Vermont Gas Systems and Washington Electric Cooperative, offers customers financial incentives that increase as higher levels of energy efficiency are achieved in the home.
Why should you enroll in the Vermont ENERGY STAR Homes service?
By building homes that earn the ENERGY STAR; your company can join many local builders that have already constructed over 6,000 ENERGY STAR qualified homes in Vermont. You’ll also;
- Enhance homebuyer satisfaction- Provide your customers with a value added benefit—energy efficiency—and help them save money every month, be more comfortable at home, and protect our environment. The quality features built into ENERGY STAR homes translate into lasting value, increased customer satisfaction, and more referrals.
- Gain a competitive business advantage- Associate your company with a recognized, trusted program to create market advantage. Partnering with Efficiency Vermont and ENERGY STAR distinguishes your company as a leader in efficient construction, craftsmanship, and environmental stewardship.
Benefits of working with Efficiency Vermont to build an ENERGY STAR home
At no charge to you, when you enroll in the Vermont ENERGY STAR Homes service an Energy Consultant will be assigned to your project and will work with you throughout the planning and construction process to ensure successful completion of your home when you enroll.
Your Efficiency Vermont Energy Consultant will:
- Provide energy efficiency design assistance through a building plan review prior to construction start.
- Help identify potential thermal bypasses which compromise the thermal effectiveness of insulation and sheathing materials.
- Guide you in the purchase and installation of energy-efficient equipment, lights, and appliances;
- Provide you with expert guidance to complete the program checklists;
- Inspect and test your home for thermal bypass elimination, adequate ventilation, combustion safety, and air-tightness to ensure that your home will be energy efficient, durable and healthy;
- Perform and issue a Home Energy Rating for your completed home once the home meets all program requirements;
- Direct you to energy-saving choices that will maximize efficiency as well as qualify for Efficiency Vermont incentives.
It’s easy to enroll a project in the Vermont ENERGY STAR Homes service.